Chapter 8

Jealousy. It can break relationships. It can even start relationships. As everyday passed, Inosuke became more and more jealous.
"Tanjiro! You wanna go watch this movie with me?" Zenitsu called
"Yeah I'd love to. You coming Inosuke?" Tanjiro asked
"Oh well. I only managed to get two tickets so it's just you and me" Zenitsu added slyly.
" Maybe next time then Inosuke. Come on, we don't want to be late" Zenitsu and Tanjiro ran out of their room, leaving Inosuke on their couch.
"I want that to be me" Inosuke complained. He laid across the sofa, with his hands over his face. "I want him to be mine" Inosuke groaned. Minutes later, he fell asleep.

Zenitsu and Tanjiro walked back into their building happily chatting. They caught a glimpse of Inosuke sprawled out on the sofa.
"Shh! He's asleep" Tanjiro whispered
"Not asleep, just thinking about something" Inosuke replied, with his eyes closed
"Well I guess we can tell you now. Tomorrow, Shinobu and her group of friends are coming over for a sleepover along with Kanao and Nezuko and Aoi" Tanjiro chirped.
"Full house huh?" Zenitsu replied
"Yup we gotta be good hosts." The three of them went out to buy snacks and things they needed for their sleepover tomorrow.

The Next Day at 3 30 pm

Everything was just about set for the sleepover. "I'm so excited to have everyone over" Zenitsu exclaimed.
"Same here" Inosuke replied. A knock filled the room and the three of them rushed to the door. They stopped infront of it and looked at each other.
"So who's gonna open the door?" Inosuke asked.
"I don't know" Tanjiro replied
"Rock paper scissors for it?" Zenitsu suggested
"On shoot ok? Rock paper sciss-"
"JUST OPEN THE DAMN DOOR YOU LITTLE SHITS" Sanemi yelled from behind the door. Inosuke whipped the door open as Zenitsu and Tanjiro retreated from it. The guests filed into the room. First, The Shinazugawas, then Uzui and Rengoku, followed by Himejima and Tokito, then Mitsuri and Iguro, then Shinobu and Kanae, followed by Nezuko, Kanao and Aoi and finally Giyuu and Sabito.

They got their sleeping arrangements out of the way and collectively sat down at the living room. Genya walked up to his bag and brought out a console.
"Look what I got" He smirked
"Is that a PS5? Goddamn" Zenitsu exclaimed
"Let's play a tournament. Mortal Kombat of course" Sanemi suggested. The group agreed.
"Let's pick name's out if a hat to decide the first rounds" Kanae suggested.
They each put their names in a hat and the pairing were as follows:

Tanjiro Vs Aoi
Sanemi Vs Kanae
Genya Vs Kanao
Himejima Vs Shinobu
Sabito vs Tokito
Rengoku Vs Iguro
Tengen Vs Inosuke
Zenitsu Vs Mitsuri
Nezuko Vs Giyuu

In the first match Tanjiro took the victory. Ins the second match, Kanae beat Sanemi. "Bro that's embarrasing" Genya called, getting smacked on the head seconds later. In the third match, Kanao beat Genya with a flawless victory. "Ok now that is embarrassing" Everyone said in unison. In the fourth match, Shinobu beat Himejima. " The girls are on form today!" The twins high fived. Tokito beat Sabito. Iguro beat Rengoku. Inosuke beat Tengen. Zenitsu beat Mitsuri and Giyuu beat Nezuko.

In the next round of fights, Tanjiro lost to Kanae. Kanao lost to Shinobu. Tokito beat Iguro. Inosuke beat Giyuu and Zenitsu made it into the semi finals by default. "Draw names from a hat to see who's up again who for the semi finals!" Rengoku yelled. The tournament was getting heated. The winner was going to win a whole large pizza to themselves for the night and everyone else had to pay for it.

"Good evening ladies and Gentlemen. We've been through thick and thin. Some of us survived. Some of us didn't. So now THE BEST FOUR ARE GOING TO BATTLE IT OUT FOR THE TITLE AND PIZZA RIGHTS" Tengen announced. "IN THE FIRST ROUND WE HAVE, INOSUKE VS KANAE. AND IN THE SECOND ROUND WE HAVE ZENITSU VS SHINOBU. Inosuke and Kanae walked up to their controllers.
"BEGIN!" Rengoku and Tengen yelled

After an intense showdown, Inosuke came up victorious. "I never thought anyone could beat Kanae" Tokito muttered. Tanjiro turned to Inosuke," How are you so good?" He asked.
"I guess I'm just a quick learner. I didn't know anything about this this game since...you know" Inosuke rubbed the back of his neck. Tanjiro smiled and beckoned Inosuke to move closer so that he could whisper something. "Take the title. I believe in you" Tanjiro whispered. Inosuke's eyes widened and he looked at Tanjiro. Tanjiro smiled back at him.
"ZENITSU TAKES THE VICTORY!" Tengen yells.

"THE FINAL ROUND, ZENITSU VS INOSUKE! BEGIN!" Rengoku yells. It was an extremely heated battle. They exchanged multiple blows. Inosuke manages to win the first round and Zenitsu won the second round. It was all down to the sudden death round. They were neck and neck until the victor pulled out his saving grace...
"FATALITY! INOSUKE TAKES THE TITLE!" The whole room erupted in cheers for Inosuke. Tanjiro jumped onto Inosuke and wrapped him in a hug. "I knew you could do it" He whispered into his ear.
Zenitsu and Inosuke shook hands and complimented each other for once.
"Woo a whole pizza to myself!" Inosuke yelled. "Shut your mouth pigface!" Sanemi growled
"Still salty you lost to a girl?" Shinobu teased
"Better than Mr Flawless Victory over there" He pointed to his brother who scowled in response.
"You poor souls indeed" Himejima said, while Tokito nodded in response.
A knocking sound entered the building.
"I'll get it." Giyuu said, as he walked up to the door. "Pizza's here guys" He yelled as he walked to the kitchen. "Hey Tanjiro come over here, there's something I can't find"
"What's up Giyuu?"
"I can't find the plates"
"Oh they're down here." Tanjiro crouched down behind the counter and Giyuu followed him. They were out of sight from the others.
"So you like Inosuke huh?" Giyuu whispered. Tanjiro's eyes widened. He slowly turned to face Giyuu
"So I'm right?"
"Am I that obvious?" Tanjiro asked
"Well I'm sure everyone in our group has picked it up. Just you three haven't"
"I want to tell him how I feel but I just don't know if he feels the same" Tanjiro complained
"Believe me I've been there. I was the exact same with Sabito but look at us now. Almost a year together and I couldn't be happier." Giyuu replied, with a slight smile on his face. The expression on Tanjiro's face eased up.
"What's taking so long back there" Sabito called.
Giyuu popped up from beneath the counter holding the plates.
"Sorry babe. A lot of plates to carry" He replied.
"Everyone sit on the floor. Let's play truth or dare!" Kanae suggested. So everyone sat in a circle with pizza in their plates and a bottle in the centre.

Shinobu spun the bottle first. It landed on Nezuko.
"Is there anyone you're interested in right now?" Shinobu asked
"Yes they're actually here right now" Nezuko replied. Tanjiro's jaw dropped to the floor. Nezuko giggled and spun the bottle. It landed on Himejima.
"Sit in your head for the next three turns" she dared
"Easy" Himejima replied as he got on his head with ease. He spun the bottle. It landed on Sabito.
"Swap shirts with Giyuu" He dared
"Oh easy. We do that all the ti-" Sabito was interrupted when Giyuu put his hand over his mouth.
"Just do it" Giyuu muttered, taking off his shirt. Sabito spun the bottle. It landed on Tanjiro.
"Sit in Inosuke's lap for the rest of the game" Tanjiro's face reddened was he moved closer to Inosuke. He positioned himself on Inosuke's lap and spun the bottle. It landed on Nezuko.
"Kiss the person you like"
Nezuko crawled up to Aoi and planted a kiss on her cheek. And so the game went back and forth until it was time to sleep.

Everyone passed out pretty quickly, except for Tanjiro. His face was overheating from the position him and Inosuke were in not too long ago. Sensing he was still up, Inosuke turned toward Tanjiro.
"Tontaro? You're still awake?" He whispered
"Uhm yeah. Sorry if I woke you up"
"Can I move a bit closer?" Inosuke asked shyly
"Sure"
Inosuke moved his mattress so that it was right next to Tanjiro's. Tanjiro tossed his own blanket over the both of them.
"Better?" Tanjiro asked.
"Y-yeah" The dim lighting from the moon highlited their faces. Tanjiro's eyes seemed to glow in the darkness.
"You know Tanjiro... I've been feeling really jealous lately."
"Oh? How come?"
"Well that stupid Blondie's always claiming you for himself, and it made me realise that all I want for myself is... You"
Tanjiro giggled softly.
"I'm so glad we're on the same page" Tanjiro cupped Inosuke face.
"I'm in love with you Inosuke"
Tanjiro pressed his lips against Inosuke's. The kiss they shared was what they'd been waiting for since the met. They couldn't be true with their feelings for the longest time so now they finally get to be. The kiss deepened as Tanjiro's mouth opened, inviting Inosuke's tongue into it. Inosuke caught the hint and proceeded. Several seconds later, they broke the kiss, slightly panting. They separated from each other, the blush on their faces hidden by the darkness around them. Tanjiro wrapped his arms around Inosuke and buried his face into Inosuke's chest.
"I'm in love with you too Tanjiro" Inosuke planted a kiss on Tanjiro's forehead and wrapped his arms around his newfound lover...

FINALLY THEY CONFESSED! I LOVE THESE TWO SO MUCHHHH. At the top of the page is a YouTube Video of Inosuke's Voice actor singing a song. Check it out. MORE'S COMING! STAY TUNED