Chapter 3

Sunlight streamed through the blinds and Noah awoke to hear the shower on and a voice singing loudly – and badly.

'You gave her your sweater, it's just polyester-'

Caleb didn't lie. His voice was horrible. Before Noah could get up to prevent the windows from breaking, the water stopped running and he heard the door open. He looked up to see a tanned chiselled chest decorated with water droplets come out of the shower. Noah felt his blood run hot, as his eyes spotted freckles decorating his torso past his V-line to his-

'Take a picture it'll last longer.' Noah looked up to see Caleb's face grinning at his slowly turning red one. 'Shut up your singing sucks'. 

Caleb laughed, 'I did warn you yesterday, you should've listened.' He laughed harder when Noah responded by giving him a very suggestive gesture and walking over to his bed.

'Where's your first class?' Noah asked nonchalantly, trying to gauge exactly how much of his day would have his roommate in it. 'Other side of the school, behind the Maths department I think.' came the reply. He had shrugged on his shirt and walked back to his own bed waiting for Noah's response.

 'I'm in the Business building'. After a short conversation, they worked out the first time they'll be together was for the basketball meeting in the Sports Hall. Noah couldn't work out if he was relieved or disappointed about this.

With his suit on, Noah prepared to leave the room but before he could, a hand grabbed his own and spun him towards a (now clothed) chest.

 'Hold on you have toothpaste on your mouth'. Caleb said and licked his finger and gently brought it to Noah's mouth. Noah's breath stilled and the room filled with silence. He felt the hand rub over the corner of his mouth a couple of times before tracing his jaw and finally leaving his face to fall beneath Caleb's side.

'Got it.'

Noah's murky green eyes fell into Caleb's chestnut ones. The silence seemed to last an eternity as they got lost in the eyes of each other.

'Thanks.' Noah broke the silence and walked over to get his bags, 'I guess I'll see you later.'

'Yeah, see you' Caleb watched as Noah's figure disappeared behind their room's door and fell onto his bed. Well shit, he thought, this is going to be one hell of a year.