Chapter 5

Winter had approached before anyone knew it and Caleb and Noah were preparing their things for the break in a couple of weeks time. Their relationship had improved and now considered themselves good friends as many people referred to them as 'the lightskins.' (as they were both mixed race).

'You coming out tonight?' Noah asked. It's not that he wanted him to, but his evenings were a little more fun with him in it.

'Nah, I'll probably just stay in.' Noah nodded in silence as he finished up. When he exited the boarding house he was greeted with his friend's faces (though he would never call them that). His favourite of the bunch was sitting on her phone furiously typing.

' Hey Noah.' The girl said without looking up, her phone illuminating her soft-featured face in the night sky. 'Where's Caleb?'

'He said he's not coming out tonight.'

'Awww bet you're upset.'

'Shut up.' She was the only one who could see the obvious tension between the two, though she kept it mostly to herself. As she put her phone down, she looked up to see Noah staring at the girl's boarding entrance, her eyes followed his to see Caleb and a small, brunette girl walk around the corner away from them. 

'Damn...that's tough Noah, he really lied to you like that.'

 Noah stood and shook his head. 'Whatever, you know what? I'm kind of tired I'm going back up.'

'Okay hun, see you.' 

'Bye Aina.' He left the others outside and raced up the boarding stairs.

Around 10 pm he heard the door to the room open and Caleb shuffle in. 'You awake?' He heard him ask. Noah just turned and faced the wall. He felt the bed dip and knew Caleb was sitting by his side.

 'Look, I'm sorry I lied I just didn't think you would see me.' Caleb's arm reached out to touch Noah's side and Noah let him, internally loving the contact.

'It wasn't what you think okay, she just wanted to give something back and talk.'

'Talk about what?' Noah asked, curiosity got the better of him, stretching out to allow Caleb more access to his side. Caleb smirked, continuing his caress of Noah's body.

'I let her borrow my jumper so that's what she gave back and she said she had an issue with the guy she liked because I gave her my jumper in the first place so she asked if I could clear it up with him.'

Noah relaxed at the explanation, so they weren't together, he relaxed, they were just talking.

'You gave her your jumper?' Caleb smiled at the curiosity. 'Why? You jealous?' Noah rolled over and stared at him intensely.

'What no! I just- I don't know.' Caleb watched as Noah sat up, bringing their faces closer together, he stilled when he felt a hand trace his abdomen up to his neck.

'If it was the white one, I think it would look better on me.' Noah said coyly, not breaking eye contact with the boy across from him.

'I think you look best with nothing on at all.' Caleb challenged.

 'How would you know?' Came Noah's quick response.

'I wouldn't, but I'd like to.' With that, Caleb stood and retreated to his own bed.

'Good night, Hunter'

'Night, Rosen.'