Going out again

Recap: It is the only ghost left to be created. The only ghost to be created out of pure love" Dennis then looked at Layla, sympathy in his eyes.

"You're the thirteenth ghost Layla" he said slowly.

-------------------Layla's P.O.V-------------
I looked around at Nick, Luke and Sarah and saw that they all had a look of disgust written on their faces.

"Are you being serious?" Nick spat. But Rachel completely ignored him.

"The thirteenth spirit stands before the eye at the finally configuration. As the eye opens, the spirit uses the power of life to shot-circuit the system" Rachel said.

"Uses the power of life how?" I asked curiously.

"By leaping into the eye" Rachel said softly.

"And Layla is suppose to make this leap. No fucking way lady!" Sarah spat. "Layla, that's suicide. I'm not going to let you do it"

"Neither are we, look you need to come up with something else" Nick said sounding just as pissed.

"Love is the most powerful energy" Rachel began to say.

"Meaning?" Luke asked, not wanting to hear another word.

"You love your friends right?" Rachel asked me.

"Of course I do. I love them so much, they made me who I am today" I replied.

"Well then. I'm just going to come out and say it" Rachel took a deep breath. "In order for you to save your friends, you'd have to trade your life for theirs" Luke violently kicked the table and stood up, he began knocking books off of the shelf. Sarah and Nick where quick to try and clam him down. Dennis started shaking his head. He grabbed Rachel's book and started quickly flicking through pages.

"No, no there's gotta be a better way!" He said

"Well we can try the old fashion way. My personal favourite" Rachel's said as she began to empty out her bag. Dynamite and explosives flew out of the bag and onto a table. "But nobody is going to be here to brag about it afterwards. Whatever we decided, we've gotta come up with a game plan soon because time is running out"

"You're gonna blow the place up?" Nick asked.

"What do you mean time is running out?" Luke asked curiously.

"The last ghost is about to be released" she said, her facial expression was blank and unreadable.

"Look Layla, I know why you feel you have to do this. But you don't have to!" Dennis told me, looking at me straight in the eye.

"I have to!" I replied

"Rachel is talking about suicide!"

"Whatever I have to do to save my friends!" She yelled. Dennis then placed his head on the glass wall and sighed.

"It's doesn't add up, it doesn't make any sense! There has got to be a better way!" Dennis yelled, banging his fist against the glass.

"Urgh, all I can think about is Jack and Jamie. I don't even know if they are alive!" I sob quietly.

"Well why don't we go find out?" Dennis suggested. We all turned to face him. "One last time, one last shot. Me, you and Luke" I stood in silence for a while, debating whether to take the option or not. Should I risk it? I turned to face Rachel.

"Rachel" she turned to look at me. "No matter what I decide to do or what happens to any of us....are you sure you can stop that machine?" I asked.