Betrayal

-------------Authors P.O.V----------
Cyrus and Rachel began to walk out of the room that held the machine, Cyrus smirked and then quickly turned to Rachel.

"Fetch the book" he told her and walked off. Rachel turned back to retrieve the book and then jogged after Cyrus. Cyrus pulled on a lever, sliding the glass door shut causing Rachel to bump into it, trapping her in a corridor.

"CYRUS, Cyrus what are you doing?" She asked tapping on the glass. He turned to her and gave her a smug look.

"You just can't teach some people" muttered to himself. Rachel looked ahead of her and saw a glass wall moving towards her. The space getting thinner and thinner. No matter how much she tried to push it back she couldn't, the wall kept closing in on her. "I thought I told you, greatness requires sacrifice" he laughed and walked off. Leaving Rachel to be crushed to death.

----------------Layla's P.O.V-------------
I heard the sound of a blade and turned, I saw the rings, in the for, of a circle begin to rise into the air and then fall back down, it repeated itself, a ring adding every time.

"Jack what's going on?" I heard the voice of Jamie scream. My head shot up and I saw them on a circled platform' sitting back to back, the rings limiting above them.

"It's going to be ok" he assured her. "Just keep your eyes closed and don't look"

"Jack I'm scared" she said.

"It's going to be ok" I became angry and with all my strength I managed to move the glass out of the way and began to run to the room which held my friends.

"JACK, JAMIE!" I yelled. They turned their heads towards me, fear and horror plastered onto their faces.

"LAYLA!" They both screamed in unison. "HELP" I looked down at the glasses I had taken off and saw that on the ring that wasn't rising at all stood all twelve ghosts, each standing on the symbol that they represented.

"Oh my god" I whispered.

"LAYLA DO SOMETHING" Jamie screamed. My breathing quickened and I turned to my right to see my uncle Cyrus stood watching me with a smirk.

"You" I whispered. He gave a sarcastic laugh. I saw red and began to run towards him. When I reached him, I grabbed the cain he had in his hands and pushed it up against this throat.

"LET THEM GO!" I yelled at him, pushing it tighter against his throat. I hear him grow and he suddenly pushed the cain back, causing me to fall to the floor.

"Damn you Layla!" He said, a kicked me in the stomach. "You're nothing Layla, do you hear me?" I felt a sharp sting across my left cheek. He then grabbed my face and made it so I was looking at him.

"I dedicated my entire life to this!" He began to explain. "Every waking moment, for years. Have you ever shown that kind of dedication? HAVE YOU?" He asked hitting me with the cain, I raised my hands up in an attempt to block the attack. "The world has no time for little people like you Layla, it needs people who are willing to do anything!" He said, pressing the cain forcefully against my chest, I groaned out in pain.

"Anything for greatness!" He finished, I grabbed hold of the cain in an attempt to move it, but as I pulled it the cover came off and I saw that Cyrus was really holding a sword. He smirked and put it under my chin, digging it lightly into my neck.

"You have no choices this time Layla! You will make that leap. The machine requires. Ghost to be created, out of an act of pure love" whilst he was explains, flashbacks of me and my friends began to play through my head. Theirs laughs echoing now and again.

There was nothing more I could do, I had to make that leap to save them. There was no other way!

Hey guys, I'm sorry that this chapter is short but I hope you guys like it. Next update will be soon :)<3