Chapter 3

CHAPTER 3

-Felix-

Arriving home today feels weird, knowing the talk I had with Tye and the rest today. I adore Tye and I understand what he's coming from, I know that he feels just as trapped as the rest of us. I wish I wasn't so hard on him; I feel like I know him better than the rest.

We have been through so much together; he has been my best friend for forever now. What he said made so much sense to me, my heart growing heavier by the second now. It's true my parents truly want me out, but I know that we don't have a chance out there.

Just the four of us? We don't have money and I can't begin to imagine what our parents will think. We won't be able to stay away from the police and the legal business on our own, right?

I break out of my thoughts as my phone rings, I pick it up and wipe my tears to read the caller ID; It's Tyler.

"Um- Hey, is everything- "He cuts me off "Felix, we are all at my place right now, and there is something we need to discuss. Please come over." "I- "I hesitate... I know my parents are going to disagree with me going to his house again. Ever since they found out I was gay they've been suspecting a thing between me and Tye. Which, for the record, is not true.

"I'll be there in 5" I hung up and climbed out of the window, it's better they don't know, right?

*

"so, what are we all doing here? Can someone fill me in please?" I ask as soon as I enter the room in which everyone is currently sitting.

"Felix, thank god" Tye walks up to me and hugs me. I can't help but feel the slightest bit uncomfortable with everyone looking and him being so intimate with me suddenly.

"um, Tye? What's going on?"

*

"I can't believe it. Liam's grandparents left him everything we need to run away the same day Tye decided to bring it up, also on the same day the rest of you decided you wanted to go for it? I mean, what is the plan? Just go in the minivan to another country, buy a house and lay low? You know it's illegal for all of us to leave our legal guardians" I'm officially panicking.

"come on Fel, you and I both know neither one of us is going to stay here. Really? In this shit-hole town? Let's just think about it okay. We need you there with us, we won't go if you won't. Please, realize it's a better opportunity for all of us" Jasper begs, putting a hand on my shoulder to show tenderness.

"fine. Let's just all talk about it tomorrow at school. Get a good night of sleep and think about it. Then we'll come up with a plan"

And that's what we did.

*

-Tyler-

Walking in the school hallways has never felt this dreadful. I feel like I must have 20-pound rocks attached to my feet, dragging me down with every step I take.

I finally arrive at the spot we meet every day before school. "well, well, well if it isn't Tylertwink".

I think the pain in my head just got bigger, hearing his voice angers me. "Alex... always a delight" I mutter sarcastically while I keep walking, trying to reach the spot we meet at before he says more stupid things.

"I dig those pants on ya, gives you a nice bubble but you know" he mocks.

That's enough. I turn around to face him, only to crush into a muscular chest. I back up and look up at him with an annoyed expression. "Fuck off Alex. You know, I don't see why you have the absolute need to bother me all the time. Makes you seem like you don't have a life other than the amazing Tyler" He raises an eyebrow at me and chuckles lowly "Don't flatter yourself, Tye. We both know you secretly like the attention I give you. And I was simply complimenting you! No need to be so hostile, a simple 'thankyou' would suffice" He smirks at me.

I roll my eyes and look over his shoulder at Felix walking towards us, bringing me back to reality.

I've been up all night. Thinking about our plan, I mean, I just hope the others haven't changed their minds and Fel finally realized I'm right.

"Fel! Where's the rest?" I ask as he got close enough. Completely zoning Alex out, in hopes he'd just go away.

"coming. Let's just sit down, yeah"

Alex seems stressed. But also calm. It's an emotion I have never seen on him before. We wait till Jason and Liam get here and sit down.
"let's just finish this once and for all guys. Plan; running away. Who's in?"

Jason asks. I look around and shyly raise my hand, so do Jason and Liam. The only person remaining is Felix. We all look at him and he sighs. "Fine. You guys are right. I'm in".

I can't believe what I'm hearing. Relief rushes through my body as I hug him. We are doing this!

Just as I sit back down and look up, I realize we made a terrible mistake. A mistake that will cost us this entire plan... that is if I don't manage to catch up with Alex before he tells the headmaster everything he just apparently overheard.

I launch off my chair and storm at Alex, successfully catching up to him. "Alex" I call out, suddenly completely forgetting his approach. He stiffens and turns around. "already depriving my attention Tye?" He smirks.

I'll wipe that stupid smirk off his face one day "don't be cocky. I know you heard" I accuse. He looks at me with a blank face "Heard?"

"Yes. You know... about the plan"

He looks at me and smiles. "I don't know what you're talking about. Now if you will excuse me, I have a class to get to" He swiftly turns around and walks away.

Stupid bastard. I know he knows, and I'm going to make sure he doesn't tell anyone and messes up our escape plan.