27. Am I Falling In Love? ❤️💕

Song of the Chapter

Song of the Chapter

Ily by Surf Mesa

(Warning....some dirty talk...just putting it out there)

Sydney

Well....the grind continues as we begin the week in practicing once again.

But this time, it's different.

This time it's for the playoffs.

We are set to play the Oakland Raiders Saturday at 4:30 right here at Paul Brown Stadium.

The excitement is buzzing all over the city.

And the nerves are high here in the stadium.

Joe looks confident and  very self assured.

But he's also got a far away look in his eyes.

I'm sure it's stress but he I'm not completely sure because unfortunately he and I have not talked much.

We are not upset with one another , he just doesn't seem to have much to say at all.

And I don't know how to feel about it.

Even though it does hurt a little.

Ah, who am I kidding? It's hurting a lot but what can I really do about it?

I sighed as I got out my nurse kit.

This is the first time since I've started the job that I really don't want to be here.

I thought about faking being sick and going home.

But what good would that do?

I walked down to the field and had a seat in those oh so fucking comfortable (Not!) stadium seats to watch the guys practice.

It's so miserably cold today.

I just want to be at home in my bed.

A few minutes later....Cora walked over and sat down beside of me. "Hey. Are you okay?" She asked.

"Not really" I said. "I'm just not feeling this today."