𝐂𝐎𝐍𝐂𝐄𝐑𝐍

"Darling!" Said a frail, but familiar voice

"Darling!" Said a frail, but familiar voice. "Now is not the time for a nap!"  As my eyes fluttered open, I was met with the sweet face of my loving grandmother.

But why?

She had died, years ago. I bore witness. I could never forget how that demon forced it's way into our house, and ripped everyone but me to pieces.

Why me?

Why was I the one that got to live on?

"Don't fret, darling. Life is full of purpose. You must get up! Or that boy you care about deep in your heart will have to fight alone..."

"Sanemi..."

Suddenly, I woke up. I had passed out from the impact of the tree.

I quickly scanned the area, and saw Shinazugawa with his back to me, shielding me from the incoming demon.

"Well that was quick!" Sanemi yelled, noticing I had already woken back up.

"My blade is ruined." I said frantic.

"Yeah, no shit."

Wow, so supportive... I thought to myself

"Don't worry though! I can take this rotten son of a bitch down on my own! I don't need your help."

As I looked at the demon walking towards the both of us, I saw that kanji etched in his left golden eye- Lower Two. Ubuyashiki was right.

"Hashiras, huh?" Said the demon.

"You fucker!  I'm going to put you in your grave!" Sanemi taunted.

He charged for the demon, his sword ready to cut off it's neck, as I simply stayed on the ground and watched. As much as I wanted to be of use, my sword was ruined, and my brain pounded in my head, likely from a concussion.

"Muzan will be so proud of me for killing not one, but two Hashira!" The demon said excitedly.

"You could never kill me!" Sanemi yelled, as he swung his sword, aiming for the demon's neck perfectly. But before he could cut it off, the demon simply...disappeared. *

Shinazugawa's swing followed through, but he cut nothing.

I rubbed my eyes, thinking I had gone mad, when he looked at me, flabbergasted as well.

I looked around, sensing the depth of the dark shadows of the night, but any aura or trace of a demon was completely gone.

"Where...did it go?" Sanemi said.

I was speechless. Never had I ever seen a demon evaporate like that.

"Well, I guess it escaped. I can't sense it anymore." I responded.