𝐇𝐀𝐒𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐀 𝐓𝐑𝐀𝐈𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆

Only a couple of us were needed to patrol at night, since most demons disappeared after Nezuko conquered the sun

Only a couple of us were needed to patrol at night, since most demons disappeared after Nezuko conquered the sun. It was the first time ever that demons didn't terrorize humans to the caliber they normally did.

So, since my duties weren't needed, I laid in my futon, and cried. It had been a while since I let  myself feel heartbroken, but since Sanemi stopped by, I couldn't stop thinking about him. I loved and hated him all the same. I wanted to kiss him and punch him simultaneously.  I didn't know if I could trust him, but my reckless heart was ready to give him another chance.

But it was all such bad timing. I couldn't justify a beautiful relationship in the wake of this demonic mess. Even though no one said it, we were getting ready to battle Muzan. Eventually, that's what this would come to.

There was a probable chance none of us would make it out alive, so why would I even bother?

I was so torn.

Deep inside, if Sanemi loved me, I would want him to tell me, regardless of what my fate was. Dying while knowing that, maybe would make it a little easier. I wasn't ready to die, but I knew I had to put my life on the line. What scared me even more, was seeing everyone else around me die.

That's why I didn't want to fall in love. I knew the same was for Sanemi.

I was being too hard on him.

I sat up in my futon, wiping the tears from my eyes. I almost talked myself into going to talk to Sanemi, but something stopped me. I didn't know what it was, but eventually I just laid back down, and fell asleep.

We were in the hot spring again...

In the sunlight, where demons couldn't hurt us. I didn't even know if demons existed in this world, and I didn't care.

The hot water caressed my body as I laid back against Sanemi's chest. My head nuzzled into his neck as he held me better then the water ever could.

His hands brushed my skin, leaving goosebumps all over me.

I turned around to face him, my eyes meeting his half opened eyes that were full of desire. Slowly I went in to kiss him, briefly stopping as our noses gently touched. I felt a smile cross his face as the gap between us disappeared, and my lips were on his.

As we kissed, steam rose from the hot spring, clouding my vision of the dream until I could no longer see...

"Ughhhh..." I said as I woke up, rubbing my eyes to fully find myself back in my stupid room.