𝐓𝐑𝐀𝐈𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆

warning!! very long chapter anddddd add a little bit of ✨spice✨!! some light smut ahead! oops!! 18+!! also that image makes me feral tyvm

Life felt like a dream.

That night, I had one of the best sleeps of my life. I didn't have nightmares as I slept through through the remaining hours of the night.

I woke up that next morning so happy. Even though Sanemi wasn't with me, my heart felt so full.

I laid there in the bright morning sun, thinking about the way it felt to be kissed by him. If I closed my eyes, I could still feel his hands all over me, I could still feel his lips on mine.

That night, I was supposed to be seeing him again at the restaurant. My stomach instantly clenched with nerves at the thought of actually being in his presence once more. Obviously I wanted to, but how would I be able to act normal after sharing such an intimate moment with him?

My reclusive thoughts wanted me to stay sheepishly hiding in my bed until the next day, leaving Sanemi hanging so that I could have mental peace. But that would be wrong of me. My heart wanted to see him again, so I got out of my bed and went about my day, until time came for me to leave headquarters and meet Sanemi.

I didn't plan on training much today, but my plans went different than I was expecting. As the Shadow Hashira, my main goal was to be as inconspicuous and discreet as possible, so one of my biggest goals was to have silent footsteps. I had pitched the idea to Tengen when he was my teacher, but he wasn't much of a fan. I figured with someone as burly as he was, he seemed intimidating enough with no need to conceal his presence, but I on the other hand, didn't have the stature he did.

So, I went about training with the other Hashira that didn't care to be "flashy". I gained tips from Obanai about being flexible, and Giyuu taught me how to enter more of a tranquil state, like he uses in Dead calm. Both of those things really aided in my development of my silent footsteps.

So as the sun slowly made its way over my head, I trained and trained for hours, until I sat down to take a break. That's when my stomach made an audible starvation noise.

"Hungry?" Giyuu asked as he sat down next to me. Obanai was off on a mission or somewhere with Mitsuri, so Giyuu was my training partner for the day. I was worried he'd ask me to join him for dinner, since I didn't want to have to turn him down, but no invitation ever came, which was pretty like Giyuu. He left my estate as I made my way inside to shower and get ready for my dinner with Sanemi.

I wondered though, if I should just go like this. I mean I liked it when he looked sweaty and messy, but as I found a mirror to look at myself, nothing about my disheveled look struck appealing to me. So, shower it was.