CHAPTER 11

His challenge

Alexander's Pov

I asked Jake about her cousin's social media accounts when I got home. I immediately searched and followed all of her social media accounts. I just hope that she will follow me back.

I smiled when I saw her Ig story and when I read her caption, I post her stolen picture  while watching the sunset in my IG story with a caption You already made me smile. I hide my story from her and her cousin, Leanne. I didn't hide it from my friends since I know that they won't tell it to her. Mark also knew that I like Sharia because Chris told him.

When my friends and I  hang out, Jake always invited Sharia, Leanne, and their friend Rina. Sometimes they won't come with us especially if they are lazy to go out.

Jake asked me to study at their house since the midterms exam of first semester is already tomorrow. I was about to refuse, but he told me that his cousin will also study there.

I immediately get my reviewers and went to Jake's house. When I arrived at their house, the maid told me to go at the study room.

I knocked on the door three times and Jake was kind enough to open it for me. "Come in! Kate is already here, kararating nya lang din kanina," he said with a teasing smile.

When I looked at her, she smiled at me and continue reading her notes. I just sat down beside her and Jake give me a teasing smile again .

His sister was busy studying her lesson, so she didn't even bother to look at me.

"Are you going to study here as well?" she inquired, even if the answer was obvious or if she was simply trying to talk to me.

"Uh yeah," I replied, pulling out my notes and settling in to study. When their maid bring us snacks, we kept our reviewers to eat first.

We keep studying until it's already 5:00 p.m. Jake's mother even invited me and Sharia to dinner, but we both declined because I promised my sister that I would tutor her in math, and I don't know why Sharia doesn't want to eat here.

Jake has even asked me to drive Sharia home and I know that he's doing this for me to get closer to her. He even told me that Sharia didn't have a boyfriend before because she have a strict parents, but I doubt that she never like or date someone before behind her parents back.

After three days of examination, it's already done! I just hope that I did well and get a high score. I want to maintain my highest grades and average when I was in junior high school.

My friends and I decided to eat lunch to our favorite restaurant and I even saw Sharia who went inside the small restaurant with her friends. I even like her more because she's not the type of girl who's picky or what they called "maarte" in Filipino.

I went home immediately after having lunch with my friends to take a rest since I'm exhausted of  answering those f*cking test papers.

The next day, I woke up at 5:00 am to go for a jog around our subdivision. I decided to walk outside the subdivision and my heart beat fast when I saw a familiar girl running like she's being chased.

She screamed so loud when she bumped into me and I saw a two man chasing her. When I heard what they said to me, I looked at them sharply and I punch the other one on his face that make him stumble down. What a weak man!

They suddenly run away, but I will make sure that they will be in jail tomorrow. Sharia hugged me tightly and said that she's scared. I just hugged her back and caressed her hair.

She apologize to me and even ask me not to tell to her cousin what happened. I don't know her reason is and I didn't even bother to ask.

I ask her to follow me until we arrive at home. My sister is not yet awake because she mostly wake up at 9 when it's weekend. I invited her to eat breakfast and after we ate, I told her that I will drive her home.  I didn't even bother to change my clothes.