CHAPTER 23

Why?

Sharia's pov

As soon as I walk inside the coffee shop where I normally buy coffee, I smell the relaxing aroma of coffee. "One ice americano please," I told the barista as I approached the counter to place my order.

I took a seat at an empty table and waited for my order when an exquisite woman in her 40s or 50s approached me.

"You look familiar, are you my son's girlfriend?" she ask abruptly. I believe she's a straightforward person.

"Excuse me, ma'am?" I ask abruptly, as she is unfamiliar to me, and wait, her son's girlfriend? Is she Bryce's biological mother, then?

"oh! I'm Alexander Bryce Emerson biological mother" Pagpapakilala nya at umupo sa bakanteng upuan sa harap ko.

"Hai po ma'am" kalmadong sabi ko at ngumiti sa kanya.

"I'll get to the point already iha, I always saw you with my son and you're even living together, but I'm sorry because I don't like you for my son" she seriously said.

"And I already planned his marriage, so, break up with him" what? how dare her to break as apart with my boyfriend? she just popped up and told me that!

"I'm sorry ma'am, but I don't think you have the right to control your son's happiness. Does your son even know that you arrange his marriage?" I ask her, trying to make my patience longer.

"I already told him last week and I have the right since I'm his mother " putcha! bakit sa lahat pa ng magiging ina ni Bryce, sya pa?

"I'm sorry, but I can't just break up with your son just because you said so ma'am " I said, smiling at her.

I stood up when they called my name telling me that my order is already ready.

"50 million" I stop when she said that. "I'll give you 50 million to break up with my son. Hindi ba't pera lang din ang habol mo sa anak ko?" how dare her to judge me! I'm losing my patience right now with her. I don't care if she's my boyfriend's mother.

"I'll double it" matapang kong sabi sa kanya.

"Where would you get money? you'll stole it and please do respect me" she said.

"I respect you in the first place but I don't think woman like you doesn't deserve any respect" I smirk.

"Don't you know me? I'm Emerald Varias, the famous celebrity"

"I'm sorry but I've never heard of your name" walang ganang sabi ko at lumabas na ng coffee shop. Kung magsusumbong sya sa anak nya, edi go! I have evidence why I lost my respect for her. I recorded everything.

I actually suspense someone is following me two days ago until now so when she approach me earlier, I already started recording our conversation.

I'm too busy with my studies especially that I'm a graduating student.

Bryce and I don't meet so often this sem because we're both too busy with our studies. He only come to my condo once a week. I have heard so many rumors that he's always with other girl, but I never believe them because I trust him that he will not cheat on me.

**********
"O my ghad look. They look so good together"

"Bagay talaga sila"

Some of the things I heard from the students while I was also looking to Bryce talking with a girl outside their university . I felt a little bit jealous, but what if they're just talking about their lessons?

Lalapit na sana ako kay Bryce pero umatras din ako nang makitang may lumapit sa kanya na tatlong lalaki at parang may ipinapaturo.

Umalis nalang agad ako dahil may klase pa ako mamaya at ayaw kong malate.