Caught Up In My Feelings

Pacing back and forth across the stage Quinn tried not to worry. Although how could she not, reading Rachel's note earlier it read;

Hello Quinn,

If you aren't too busy could you meet me in the auditorium during free period. I like to ask you a few questions. If something happens to come up, let me know if you are free to talk after school.

Your Truly,

Rachel

She seemed a little eager, but Quinn didn't look into too much. She hasn't faced the girl since Valentine's Day. About to head out to get a drink from the vending machine she hears footsteps approaching her. Quinn turned to face her fears.

"I'm pleased to see that you received my note." Rachel said, flashing a tiny smile. Smiling back at her, Quinn asked what she wanted to talk about.

"It's about Gabriella...and you. I-I was just wondering if the rumors were true..." she stumbled over her words looking down at her feet.

Gripping the piano edge Quinn wanted to shout, 'I DON'T LIKE GABRIELLA! YOU'RE THE ONE I WANT RACH!' but instead she stayed mute. Chewing on her bottom lip Rachel offered Quinn a seat declaring she liked to sing a song to her. Sitting down on the stool Rachel began to sing Just So You Know by Jesse McCartney. Blinking back her tears Quinn thought back to when she bought Rachel coffee the first time, how she was nervous and rambled on about how she didn't mean to invade their privacy. How soft Rachel's fingers felt against hers, the way they flirted with their eyes, an unspoken code. That there was a comfortable silence between them; expect now. Closing her eyes she listened to her sing trying to find the right words to express what she felt for; the cute, short stack, brunette shining star in front of her.

Finishing the song the two stared at each other, neither daring to speak. "The rumors, they are partly true. Gabriella kissed me when we were rehearsing...and I kissed back, but I-" her voice fading out.

"N-No I get it. Just...needed to get my feelings out before I explode." Rachel claimed to be wiping tears off her cheeks. Whispering bye she left in a hurry before Quinn could even get another word in Yelling out loud she kicked the stool knocking it over.

Putting the car in park Dani turned off the engine, turning towards Santana. "So great first date or nah?" smirking cheerfully Santana shrugged describing it as "interesting". Returning from their game of Laser Tag. "It wasn't a date blondie, just hanging out." shaking her head at her, Dani tested the waters by leaning in. Brushing her lips against Santana's slightly she pushed her back creating a distance between them.

"You're on my territory, can't be locking lips." sitting back in her seat Dani smiled wishing her a good night. Getting out of the car Santana looked over her shoulder before pecking the other girl's cheek. Smiling softly Dani was left to her thoughts as she turned the engine back on driving back to Dalton. It was definitely a date.

Unlocking her door Quinn was welcomed to a sign on her door.

Happy Valentine's Day

Yours Truly,

Rachel

It was a white gardenia. The flower of secret love. Sniffing it she smiled to herself heading inside.