Chapter 10: First Assignment

{Recap}

So basically if you don't remember the OG team (Artemis, Wally, Kaldur, Megan, & Connor), Batfam, JL, Gar (Beast Boy), and Cassie (Wondergirl) are all ok with Dick being back, but everyone else is still iffy or not accepting.

I felt a hand land on my shoulder. I spun around to see Black Canary. "Meet here at 7 am tomorrow for your first assignment." She said. I nodded and headed towards the Zeta Tubes to go home. What could my assignment be?

{End of Recap}

{The Next Day}

{Nightwing POV}

The sun beamed through my curtains, setting lines of light throughout my room. The beeping of my alarm brought me out of my sleep. It was 6:00 am. I slapped my arm around trying to shut my alarm up. After a few seconds of searching, the ringing finally stopped. I rolled onto my back and stretched taking a deep breath. Today's the day. Today's the first mission.

I got out of bed and sluggishly walked to my bathroom. I turned the faucet on and leaned down to wash my face. The cold water rolled off my face as I splashed it up. I took another deep breath whipping my hands on my face before looking into the mirror. I forced a smile before turning and walking out of the room and into the kitchen. I opened a cabinet revealing my pathetic supply of food. I need to set a reminder to go shopping soon. I pushed empty boxes around before finding a cereal box with enough for one more bowl. I grabbed the milk from the fridge and made my bowl of cereal.

After a few minutes of eating my phone began to ring. I picked it off the table and looked at the screen. "What could Alfred need?" I said out loud then answer the phone. "Good Morning Alfred!" I said with my signature happy voice, "What can I do for you?"

"Good Morning to you Master Richard." He responded, "I was calling to invite you to a family dinner tonight to celebrate your first mission with the League. Will you be free?" Now when Alfred asks if you're free, it means you better clear your schedule cause he's not changing the date.

"I should be good for tonight Alfie," I said, standing up to put my bowl away.

"I'll see you at 7 Master Richard, and please be careful on your mission." He said with a surprisingly sweet tone.

"Hey, careful is one of my many talents, Alfie," I said sarcastically, with a grin on my face.

"Of course it is sir." He said hanging up the phone. I put my phone down on the counter and let out a small chuckle. I walked back into my bedroom and went to the closet. I moved boxes around revealing a hidden trapdoor in the floor. I opened the door revealing my uniform and equipment. I quickly dressed into my alter ego. After double-checking everything, I headed out to start my first day with the league.

***

{3rd POV}

The Zeta Tubes boomed to life as someone entered the watchtower.

"Nightwing B01" The robotic woman's voice announced the arrival of the black and blue hero. The hero entered the room with a confident stride. He walked toward a group of heroes who had already been waiting for him.

"Thanks for coming Nightwing." Black Canary said greeting the hero. He smiled back at her shaking her hand.

"I wouldn't miss this for the world." He responded smiling. He looked over noticing the 2 other heroes standing next to Canary. "Morning Red and Megan." The black-haired hero waved to the other 2. Megan smiled and waved back to her friend.

"Now, let's get started with your assignment Nightwing." Canary interrupted. "Red, If you would." She gestured to the Robot to begin.

"Black Canary and I are being sent off-world to aid in the League's fight against the light. That however would leave the Team without a Den Mother." The Robot explained.