Chapter 6: Downtime

Gotham City; August 27th, 6:17 EDT No One's Pov

The sounds of a fight are able to be heard outside an abandoned building. Kaldur is hit hard, his WaterBearers falling out of his hands as he continues to roll until he hits a garage door hard enough to dent it, the splatters of clay over his dark skin and his short blonde hair instantly give away the identity of his opponent. As he falls to the floor his tattoos stop glowing. Clayface walks past the rest of the Team who are all unconscious and covered in clay, like Aqualad. Forcing himself to look up, he sees Clayface's shadow step into the light as he laughs. Then watches as his left-hand turns into a square-mace. As Clayface raises his arm to attack, a familiar shadow gets larger as it gets closer to the glass ceiling.

Crashing through the window is Batman, who takes Clayface's full attention, then launches two Batarangs at the villain. Only for them to be absorbed into his arm, for a moment, until they explode and completely destroy his arm. As Batman lands in a crouch before Clayface, the villain strikes once more, but Batman jumps back to avoid the hit. Pulling out a high powered taser but before he had that chance to use it Kai shot his atomic breath at the right side of Clayface's chest through the villain until he loses his form entirely.

Batman's eyes narrow as he stands. Zeroing in on the one person still conscious which was Kai he was still standing but cover in clay.

"Who's Next?" Kai said before falling backwards unconscious.

Mount Justice; August 27th, 7:58 EDT

Batman faces the Team as they walk through the Zeta Tube and into the Mountain. "I need to talk to Aqualad. The rest of you hit the showers and head home."

""Head home"?" Superboy asks as he raises his arms, gesturing to the Cave, an annoyed look on his features. "I am home."

"Just Aqualad." he says darkly, looking to his own protége. The thirteen-year-old looks up to Kaldur, who returns the look. Looking into the Cave Robin keeps his eyes away from Batman as he walks past him. Only looking over his shoulder for a second, not even slowing in his steps, his eyes falling to the floor as Batman keeps his focus fully on Aqualad.

"I am sorry you had to intervene." Aqualad speaks first, his own eyes dropping. "I know the Team performed poorly."

"The Team performed adequately." Batman interrupts darkly. "The problem was you. You're their leader, and your head wasn't in the game."

Aqualad instantly denies the accusation. "No, you are-" he sighs, "correct. Of late, I am not even convinced I belong on the surface world." he looks down once again, glancing at Batman for a moment, then finally looking to the side. "For so many years, it filled my every thought. But now that I am here, my dreams are all of Atlantis."

"Atlantis..." Batman begins, "or someone you left behind?" Kaldur's eyes instantly shoot up, stunned into silence. "You can split your time between the surface and the sea. But not your mind. Either you're here 100% or you need to walk away. Make a decision, Kaldur, and make it soon."

With that Batman leaves Aqualad alone with his thoughts.

Poseidonis; August 27th, 13:00

Recognize:

Aqualad; B-0-2.

Aqualad materializes in the ornate Zeta Tube, though standing as he does, the second he is solid he begins to swim through the halls. Finding Aquaman waiting for him.

"Greetings, Kaldur'ahm." (Kyray, Kaldur'ahm) Aquaman greets his arms out at his sides.

"King Orin." (Annex Orin) Kaldur returns, raising his fisted right hand to his forehead.