Chapter 7: Bereft

No One's Pov

Miss Martian decamoflagues, in the pale moonlight of the desert. However, she's alone. She groans as she pushes herself into a sitting position. Kyatchaa s'lamoth... (Ohh, my head)She looks up.K'azzarr M'gann? N'da M'arzz. (Where am I? This can't be Mars.) She looks to the sky. Ah'lunzz? (One moon?) Then sifts sand through her fingers. Sesess perakazz? Hw'asheta! (White sand? Oxygen!)

She bumps her head lightly with her hand. "Hello, Megan. I'm on Earth." she walks down a slope. But how did I get on Earth? Why am I wearing this costume? she brings a hand to her head. And why does my head hurt so much? Without warning, she trips rolls downhill. Is this a dream?

A figure lands harshly, creating a flurry of dust and sand. As it clears Superboy is the source, though his stance is feral as he looks at Megan without any recognition.

M'gann's eyes go from his face to the red S on his black t-shirt. "Wait, I've seen that symbol." she shifts so she's sitting on her feet. "Are you Superman?"

With a wordless cry, Superboy stands tall, ripping his shirt apart. M'gann only has time to gasp before he charges at her. He lands on all fours mere moments after M'gann managed to move. Seeing that she is only a few feet away, he jumps at her again, this time with a punch.

She takes to the air, giving herself an advantage over the rampaging maniac.

He jumps at her, but instead of dodging she brings her hands together. Creating a telepathic wall. Though with the power behind his jump it knocks both of them to the ground. He gets his bearings faster than she does, but instead of attacking her, he uses the time to get away.

Not a dream. She thinks to herself, hugging herself tightly. A nightmare.

Aurora's Pov

I soon open my eyes as I felt my head hurting as I looked around.

"Why am I in the desert?" I asked myself wondering how I got here.

Then figure lands harshly, creating a flurry of dust and sand. As it clears it was a boy around my age with black hair and amber eyes and he had a Katana, Wakizashi and Tanto at his side he was dress in black but he had dorsal plates on his back and a tail he must be like me.

"Hello who are you?" I asked.

But what happened he let out a roar that shook me to my core.

He carges at me as he lands on all fours mere moments after I managed to move. Seeing that is only a few feet away, he jumps at me again, this time with a punch and a wick of his tail.

I took to the air, giving my self an advantage over the rampaging maniac

Then his dorsal plates started glowing blue and shot a blue beam at me as I shot my engery beams at him as our best connected he gain the upper hand and I was hit and I fell to the ground and he roar and he took off.