Chapter 3: Schooled

Metropolis, August 3, 7:38EDT No One's Pov

The soft sound of clicking on a keyboard was the only sound to fill the office as Bruce Wayne typed.

Right now, he knew no one would be disturbing him, especially since he said he was working on something important

Right now, he knew no one would be disturbing him, especially since he said he was working on something important. They didn't need to know it wasn't related to the company. Sighing, he leaned back and brushed a hand through his hair.

So far, his hacking into Cadmus hadn't brought much in terms of answers. No explanation on why Superboy was made other than the fact it was to replace Superman should he turn from the light; though he was able to determine the young clone's genetic structure.

The boy was part human, gaps in the genome being filled by a human donor he had yet to determine. Either way, there was no way the boy would be gaining many more powers, if he gained more at all.

And, of course, there was the issue of Kai the other clone they'd discovered in Cadmus as well.

They were definitely keeping Project Titanus off the books, or at least at a different facility. There was barely anything on the him.

Other than notes, radiation levels, vitals, genetic profile, what the telepathic gnomes had force-fed them educationally, and when he was supposed to be transferred back to their original facility.

A facility he had yet to find. There were no transfer papers, nothing encoded, and no abnormalities in the electrical grid nearby. Which meant this facility wasn't near Cadmus or it was keeping itself off the grid similarly, and that they had a way of communicating he had yet to discover.

Of course, that wasn't the most concerning bit. The fact that he would have to be transferred meant one of a couple things. He was going to be experimented on or trained further into a weapon, there could be more than just him and given what the team had told him about Santa Prisca, the latter was more likely.

At least he had Kai's genetic profiles. Pulling up the files, he looked at the comparisons he sent to the labs to be tested secretly.

At least if he could figure out where Kai came from. They may've been clones, but they did have at least one parent out there somewhere.

A parent that Kai needed desperately. Bruce had been in the job long enough to recognize the signs of what had happened to him.

He may have been abused at wherever he was previously. He didn't know the extent yet, Kai didn't talk about it, and if he told Canary, she wouldn't tell him. It was her job to be the team's psychiatrist, and she wouldn't break that trust.

At least Kai had the Team to lean on currently, he'd definitely seen at least some improvement over the last month. Not a lot, but it was better than nothing. But giving that Kai at least the semblance of a normal childhood would help make things easier for him.