Prologue

No One's Pov

Vandal Savage stood looking out over the raging seas.

Pitiful. Centuries of human civilization, and this is what they had come to? A stagnant race no longer evolving, one that would be seen as nothing more than a speck in the large view of history. He remembered the days humans evolved. When those who gained power were viewed as high as the gods they worshiped. How could they not? The only way to gain power was by the blessing of one of the mighty gods, or by blood.

But then those gods disappeared, vanishing into the earth, leaving their worshippers helpless, weak. And with their disappearance, the agents of stagnation came. Those who were against the evolution of human society, an evolution he had helped fuel for countless years.

These so-called heroes were keeping humanity from reaching its full potential, from stepping into the light where it belonged.

Instead they let the human race hide in the shadows. Preventing the proper course of evolution from taking hold, making humanity think they were perfect.

No, they were far from perfect. Humanity could be so much more. The ancient gods knew that, he still remembered standing under the massive shadow of one, watching in awe as it laid waste to the weak and allowing those made of something stronger to emerge. He watched the great beings wipe the continent of Atlantis off the face of the Earth, plunging it into the seas where a new, stronger race emerged.

The gods understood evolution.

"Savage, I see you are as eager as I am to meet our potential ally," Luthor greeted holding out a drink. "We're above the location, our inside man, has done his work so far."

Savage smiled, taking a sip from his glass, "Good. And the samples?"

"They've been obtained."

"Excellent."

"So, what is it you wish to show us?" Ras inquired stepping into the room with their fellow Light Members behind him. "I take it's something useful to our cause, yes?"

"Yes, thousands of years ago, man was not the true ruler of our world. Our race was at the whims of the gods of evolution, the Titans," Savage started.

"The Titans?" Queen Bee spoke.

Savage nodded, pressing a button, he revealed the holograms of ancient carvings.