Chapter seventeen

Damon walked through the hospital to go find Liz and Caroline and once he did, he was going to tell Caroline about Rain getting back to the Prison world again- Kai had told them when they where fighting in the graveyard.

"Uh, Stef, Caroline" Damon said walking up to them, they both looked up at him and stood up noticing his panic state.

He explained everything that happened with Kai and him getting rid of the Anti- Magic border by siphoning it up but as he got to the part about Rain he started to struggle, he didn't know what to say.

"What else happened Damon?" Stefan asked confused.

"Its Rain" Damon said softly, meeting Caroline's eyes and a look of confusion and fear laced in them "She's back in the Prison world" Damon said sadly missing her already, he hadn't been talking to her that much since Elena had gave him another chance of being friends and that Kai was back.

"What? how Damon" Caroline demanded to know.

"When Kai first found me and Elena in the Graveyard he pushed the ascendant out of Elena's hands making it hit the floor and shatter and then he burnt it, but what we didn't know, nor Rain, is that he had cloaked the real one and snuck it into Rain's pocket." Damon explained "but we don't know if it's true but I haven't heard from her. I've tried calling, a lot."

"So" Caroline whispered painfully "My mom's dying and my best friend who I lost, then got back, but then didn't trust her because Elena put thought in my head about her that are ridiculous because Rain is the most pure soul out of us all and she got angry at us, and then lost her again before we could make up." Caroline spilled out in an panicky state, her anxiety was radiating from her.

"Hey, hey Care, relax we will get her and Bonnie back and your mom, we will do everything we can do" Stefan said putting a hand on her shoulder trying to sooth her.

* * * * * * * *

It had been a couple of weeks since Rain had gotten back to the Prison world and Bonnie and her have really bonded.

Rain sleepily wandered through the kitchen in a long top and shorts, to see a frown on Bonnie's face " I thought on your birthday, your supposed to be happy?" Rain mumbled and Bonnie rolled her eyes.

"Morning" she said and Rain smiled to her.

"Morning, I got you something. I'll be right back" Rain said grabbing a neatly wrapped present and sat opposite Bonnie, Bonnie gave her some pancakes and Rain handed her, her present.

Bonnie ripped the wrapping off to find a card and a smaller box in side it. First, Bonnie opened the card which read...

To,

Bon-Bon :P

I know its not the best place to have a birthday but hope I can make it as special as I can for you!

Lots and lots of Love,

Rain xoxo

Bonnie looked up grinning to Rain "Thankyou" She said and Rain smiled and shook her hands eagerly.

"Now open the present" Rain spoke excited to see her reaction. Bonnie opened the Box to reveal a locket and it had a picture in it of Her, Rain, Caroline and Elena.

Tears glistened in Bonnie's eyes as she looked at it "Oh, my god, Rain its amazing thankyou" She said standing up and hugging her.

"Your welcome" Rain grinned.

"How did you even-?" Bonnie trailed off still looking at the locket.

"well, I still had my purse with me and you know I always have a picture of the four of us in it and i just re-printed it but made it smaller and fixed it to fit in the locket" Rain said staking a bite out of her pancakes.

"Wow, Rain, you really are an amazing person" Rain grinned at the complement and finished her pancakes.

* * * * * * * *

After the merge of Kai and Luke and Kai winning. Kai had began to get feeling of empathy towards other people than Rain and if he's being honest it completely baffled him, so he went to the Salvatore house to try and make things right so he can get Rain and Bonnie back.

After a lot of persuading Elena and Damon agreed- along with Jeremey. Kai managed to teleport them to the prison world but only as a ghost type thing and Bonnie or Rain couldn't see.

The four of them appeared in the Salvatore house to see Bonnie and Rain talking "Ill be back soon, okay?" Rain said, she was going out to get stuff to make dinner.

"Okay, bye" Bonnie said and Rain walked out the door.

"you guys do whatever, I'm following Rain, okay bye" Kai said trailing after Rain he watched her walked and walked until she found her self in the woods once again.

Rain sat down on the floor leaning against a tree and silent tears fell from her eyes "Its so hard" Rain whimpered and Kai crouched down in front of her with a heart breaking look as he couldn't do anything to help her. "I miss you so, so much Kai" Rain sobbed, she covered her face with her hands.

"I don't know how I'm going to be able to do this without you and I know Bonnie is having a hard time herself, she knows how I feel but we just cant tell each other, and it hurts." Rain spilled out.

"I really hope you did what you needed to do and are living your life because I really would hate if you stopped doing what you need for me" Rain said and became quite as tears fell from her eyes.

"God, baby, I miss you so fucking much" Kai said hoping so much that she could hear him, but nothing. something unfamiliar started to happen to Kai as water leaked from him eyes, he put his hands to his face and wiped it then looked at his hands. "Sweetheart, look what your doing to me, your changing me. Fuck, your making me cry, I didn't even do that when I killed my siblings" Kai rambled like she could hear him.

It was something that needed to be said, It was something he needed to say, even if she couldn't hear him but when she will be in his arms again he was going to say it all again, and again because he loved her.

He loved everything about her.

from her sweet smile to her pure personality and her innocent mind.

He would do anything and everything to get her back, he didn't care who he had to hurt now to get her even if he had to pretend to be nice to her friends.

He would get her back and that was final. Unless they wanted the world to burn with the psychotic leader of the Gemini coven to loose with out the only person who ever calmed him down in the world.

but before they could even do anything more Kai was hit with magic so he was brought back to real life along with Elena, Damon and Jeremy.

"No, no, no, no" Jeremy spoke "send me back" he shouted at Kai not noticing an angry Liv attacking him.

but Kai managed to stop it and attack her back and hurt her a lot for making him stop spending time with Rain.