9

No one's pov

After the first brake there was a short intermission so those who where injured could be visited and the audience could get up amd move around before the second bracket could begin.

V's pov

I walked down to meet Kas in the hall to congratulate her on her win, but when I found her she was leaning against the wall, her whole right side of her face was a skull and she was breathing heavy.

"Kas!" I shouted in her head and she jumped before turning my direction. "Hey" she greeted weakly "what's going on, you okay?" She shook her head and dropped to the floor, "I can't control death." She breathed "I don't know what to do, I'm scared I'm going to scare off pros. What will I do if I can't get an internship?" I sat down next to her and even though it was a little hard looking directly at her with only half of her face present. "Just breathe, pros aren't gonna be scared they are pros if they're scared of a crazy quirk like yours than they shouldn't have the chance to work with you." Trying my best to comfort her I nudged her arm and offered a comforting smile.

I got a smile back and she laughed. To be honest I think that's the first time I've seen her smile and laugh. "You're right V" she took a deep breath and whispered "life..." and slowly her face became whole again. Smiling again I stood up and offered a hand.

Kas followed my lead and got up off the floor, "come on they're about to announce the next round let's go!" We both made our way out to the stands as the second bracket was announced.

Bracket line up

Shoto Todoroki vs Izuku Midoryia

V Blackmer vz Tokoyami Fumikage

Kas Schauer vs Bakugou Katsuki

Kas' pov

"Are you serious right now?!" I mentally screamed making V jump slighly. I have to go up against the douche that sits in front of me?! I faced palmed as I heard V giggle beside me. Glaring at her we made our way back up, and first ones up was Todoroki and Midoryia.

Kas' pov

I knew this match was going to one I didn't want to miss. V and I sat together this time as the match began

Time skip to after the match

Everyone's jaw was on the floor, Todoroki won but oh my god I wasn't expecting that match to go the way it did. "That was amazing" V whispered. I could only nod as I watched Cementoss rebuild the arena. Braking out of my daze I turned to V, "Hey who's next?" She just pointed to herself as she stood. "Good luck!" She only waved as she disappeared down the stairs.

Awaiting V's match I sat on my phone when someone bumps into my back. Looking back I see Bakugou glaring down at me, "Don't think I'm going to go easy one you extra." I laughed "Ha I'd be offended if you did. Plus it'll be pretty embarrassing to lose to me spiky." I turned my attention back down to the arena when I felt pure heat and rage behind me which only made me giggle to myself. "Hes wayy to easy to mess with," Just then V entered the arena.

V's match against Tokoyami was also unexpected, V started off strong but the tables turned quickly when dark shadow couldn't be blown away. After a brief match V was thrown out of bounds making Tokoyami the winner. Thus pushing V out of the competition.