CHAPTER 5

"True," you nodded, glaring at Endeavor. "But no distance is too big if you long back to your family."

He pulled away, a rare smile gracing his lips. "Thank you for the wall, by the way. I think me and Midoriya would've both died if you didn't do that."

You huffed a laugh. "Yeah, I guessed. I hope it wasn't a hassle to melt it. After all, it came a bit bigger than I thought. I didn't know I had that much power inside me."

"I assume that's what the doctor meant that day," Endeavor spoke, making you and Shoto both glare at him. "Together you are stronger."

You rolled your eyes at him. "I've been thought to respect people older than me but I'll decide to ignore that for now. Listen to me, father. I came back with one goal. Reunite. Not with you. But mainly with Shoto and Touya. And if I'm correct, which I believe I am, then Touya would be old enough to legally adopt me by now. Now if you don't mind, then where is he? Because honestly, I'd rather glide all the way back to the orphanage than come and stay with you." You were fuming. Quite literally, in fact. Little blue flames started to ignite themselves in your left palm and you did your best to keep them from burning the place down.

It was weird though, you've never had a problem with controlling your quirk before. Shoto looked at you with pity. "Sorry, Y/n. He's... not with us anymore."

Your eyes widened and you slowly turned your head to him, a slightly sadistic smile coming onto your face. "Come again."

"Hey, you gotta calm down," Shoto said, taking a step back since the flames had slowly started crawling up your arm. Eraserhead tried to use his quirk but well, due to the bandages and injury, he couldn't.

"Why should I?" you asked. "It's been eleven years. For every day of my life, I've thought about coming back, reuniting with him and learning from him. And now he's gone? Just like that?"

"Wait!" Shoto called. "Y/n please calm down! Your quirk's getting out of control."

You blinked, your mind snapping out of the hazy state it was in due to the realization. You took a deep shaky breath and relaxed your body, the flames going out. "Sorry about that. It has never happened before," you chuckled awkwardly.

"You two need to learn how to control your quirks around each other and how to take advantage of that," Endeavor spoke up again, making you turn to him.

You knew where this was going and you didn't like it one bit. But you had to do it. It was what Touya would want you to do. At least that's what you made yourself believe.