Chapter 2

"Right..." Mirabel said back to me with a strained smile.

"Here!" I said to her quickly, pulling her up by the arm and ushering her away to my room. She stiffened up, completely perplexed and it was then, while I was pushing her up the stairs that I realized, there was no use taking her to the safety of my room.

Cos' my room was freaking impossible and sometimes even dangerous – I'll get back to that another time to explain. So instead I changed our directory and rammed her through the blue door of the nursery.

She spun around the instant my touch was off her and she slammed her fists to her hips, asking puzzled.

"Gee, Camilo! What is it that is so important you HAD to show me here?!"

I giggled to myself and waved her forward as I said in a tease.

"I shapeshifted into a goddess!"

The second I said that I shifted teasingly into Mirabel and her eyes widened in disbelief.

"Ha! Only kidding!" I said with a laugh and then transformed instantly into that hot babe I had seen in my bedroom reflection, "THIS ONE."

Mirabel looked hurt at my teasing joke from before and only slumped her shoulders saying, "That was mean... pretending she was me."

"Er, why?" I asked back confused. Could she not take a joke, "But anyway, cous." I continued and twirled around in the red salsa dress I now had on, "Isn't she like, the REAL thing!"

"Hmm..." Mirabel only mumbled and walked around me slowly, observing my new form, "Yeah, I guess... but,"

"But?!" I screeched, thinking she'd find something wrong with this GODDESS!

"Who... who is she?"

I held my dark finger up, about to answer, but it was in that moment I realized.

"I, I don't know!"

"Hmm," She murmured again, rubbing her chin with her hand.

"But!" I went on quickly, needing to answer my quick dilemma fast, "She must exist! I must've seen her somewhere before... BUT WHERE!"

"O-kay," Mirabel said to me softly, trying to calm me down as she said, "Deep breaths in! Deep breaths out!"

I was huffing and wheezing at my misfortune of not knowing who the heck this girl I was currently in the form of was!

"Mirabel,"

The two of us froze when the handle to Mirabel's door twisted and in came my 'perfect' cousin Isabella.

"Oh!" She said, stopping for a second when she saw me, and smiled back at her sister as she asked, "Is this one of your friends?"

"It's actually-"

"YES!" I said, raising the pitch of my voice to sound more feminine. I elbowed Mirabel in the side to get her to shut up, "I am... Maria!"

"Oh, Maria!" Isabella responded with a quick gleam and pulled me over to her as she asked, "Would you like to take a tour around the house."

"I -er!"

"He-"

Isabella froze that second and Mirabel saw the desperate look on my face – not to destroy my new plan.

"Er, SHE... SHE..." She looked at me once more and I nodded my head quickly, "She'd... love to,"

"Yes, I Maria, would love to!" I said, my voice still high but my perfect brown skin bubbled up in goosebumps. I was so afraid of being found out by Isabella, I hoped I could keep up this disguise for long enough to... well, to mess with her.