Part 4

The girls had all fallen asleep but for some reason, something was keeping me up. I decided to go sit in Pinkies kitchen for a bit. When I walked into the kitchen, I saw a figure.

"JEEZ" I yelled. It was only Twilight trying to write the counter spell again. 

"Sorry Y/n, I'm just still stuck on this stupid counter spell." She said with a sigh. I walked up to her and put my hand on her shoulder.

"You know, you don't have to beat yourself up about it, I'm sure it'll be great!" Twilight sighed again. 

"I guess I'm just scared I'm gonna let everybody down, they're really counting on me and if i mess this up then who knows what the sirens will do" A look of sadness seemed to glisten in her eyes. 

"Like i said, don't beat yourself up about it. Maybe you're just thinking about it too much, I'm sure it'll come to you naturally" I said with a soft smile. Suddenly I felt extremely tired and decided to head to bed. 

"Good night Twilight, and good luck" I said, ending it with a yawn. 

The next morning we were all ready to practice the counter spell Twilight had written overnight. Although....Twilight was a bit off key.

"Eh, that sounded... way better than the last... five times you've played it. Heh heh." Spike said awkwardly. 

"Who are we kidding, it sucked" I groaned as I shoved my face in the palms of my hands. 

"Come on now darling, it wasn't that bad" Rarity said with an awkward chuckle. 

"I think it's pretty obvious what's going wrong with this counter-spell." Everyone looked over at Rainbow Dash, scared for what she was gonna say. 

"You're turnin' what should be the chorus into a five-minute guitar solo?" Apple Jack replied angrily as she gritted her teeth together. 

"I have to pick up the slack somehow! Are you guys even trying?!" I looked over at my girlfriend and glared at her. Rainbow Dash got a little awkward after I glared.

"I'm trying.." Fluttershy said quietly. 

"I know sis" I said with a smile as I gave her a thumbs up. A small smile appeared on Fluttershy's face. 

 "It's fine. It'll be fine. One more time from the top!" Twilight said with a nervous laugh when suddenly Rarity jumped into the conversation to change subjects. 

"Or, perhaps we could take a short break, try on some of the wardrobe choices I've put together? I'm particularly fond of this one. Eh, of course we could always go with something a bit more modern." Rarity had put on a number of costumes, showing us each and every one of them although, Apple Jack did not look impressed in the slightest. 

"We're tryin' to save our school here. Enough with the costumes!" Apple Jack said as she pinched the bridge of her nose in annoyance.

"Oh, you can never have enough costumes!" Rarity said with a robotic voice as she spoke through a helmet. 

"She just wants to make things fun! Isn't that what being in a band supposed to be?" Pinkie Pie said as she rested her face in her hand. I sighed. 

"Guys we don't have time for any of this, you need to check into the Battle of The Bands in fifteen minutes!" I reminded everyone. Everyone exclaimed and started panicking and rushing around gathering everything together. 

"What? But it's not ready! If we play our counter-spell in the first round and it doesn't work, the sirens will know what we're up to and make sure we don't get a chance to play it again!" Twilight was rambling and it wasn't helping the situation. If I'm being honest, it made everyone panic a whole lot more until Apple Jack cut in. 

"Then we'll have to buy ourselves some time so you can keep workin' on it!" She said with a smile. 

"But how do you propose we do that?" Rarity asked with genuine curiosity. 

"We compete in the Battle of the Bands for real! I take over lead vocals again and we stay alive until the finals! We unleash the counter-spell then!" Rainbow Dash said excitedly. She turned to look at Twilight. 

"You'll have figured it out by finals, right?" Everyone then looked towards Twilight with hope in their eyes. 

"Of course she will. Twilight Sparkle's never met a problem she couldn't solve. Right, Twilight?" Spike said with confidence. Twilight however, didn't seem confident in the slightest. 

"...Right.." She said nervously. 

"Then let's go win us a Battle of the Bands!" Rainbow Dash yelled with excitement. 

Once we finally got to the Battle of The Bands everyone looked nervous, especially Fluttershy. My sister had never been a fan of being in the spotlight so I tried to comfort her. I walked up to her and squatted next to where she was sitting. Her hands were lightly shaking and since she had her tambourine in her hands, it was making jingling noises. 

"Hey, sis, you'll do great out there, just pretend that you're practicing in front of me" I say as I hug her. She hugs back and sighs.

"Thanks Y/n, but I don't think anything will calm my nerves" I let out a small laugh when I'm suddenly tapped on the shoulder. I look back and see Rainbow Dash. 

"What's up love?" I ask with a laugh.

"I'll do pretty awesome too right!" She asks with excitement. 

"Of course you will honey" I give her a hug and kiss her while a small blush appears on her face. 

"Alright you two lovebirds, break it up, Principal Celestia is 'bout to introduce the Battle of The Bands" Apple Jack says with a laugh. 

Principal Celestia puts her face up to the microphone.

"Welcome to the first ever Canterlot High School Battle of the Bands. I believe I speak for everyone when I say it is by far the greatest thing we have ever done here at this school!" The gymnasium is then filled with the roars and cheers of the students. 

"We are so glad our three newest students encouraged us to turn this event into something exciting!" Principal Celestia continued

"But, as this is now a competition, we can only choose one winner. Who is it going to be?" Vice Principal Luna added on. Suddenly, the gym was filled with the sounds of all the students arguing of which band they think will win. Of course, everyone was rooting for their own band. 

Dazzlings POV: 

"You feel that, girls? Our true power is being restored." Adagio said with an evil grin. 

"And that's before we've tapped into the strongest magic here." She continued.

"But the Rainblossoms, or whatever they're called, aren't under our spell. How exactly are we supposed to get to their magic?" Aria said as she rolled her eyes and pointed towards the Rainbooms. 

"The Rainbooms are just as capable of falling apart as anyone else. They just need a little... push in the wrong direction. I have a feeling everyone here is going to be lining up to give them a shove." Adagio said with an evil laugh. Sonata and Aria then laughed along with her .