Chapter Five

Justin's P.O.V.

The car started moving as the security pushed away the crowd to make space. This morning had been ridiculously tiring, considering it was January 1st. I had my signing yesterday morning, and then a performance last night, only to lead to the party.

It had been a fun night, considering the party and the fact that I got to see my family, but I had gotten almost no sleep.

I wasn't looking forward to running errands and doing some work that needed to be done. It was a new year, meaning more plans and I had to settle them out today. Scooter had called me this morning, and told me the schedule for this month. Because of the constant work we'd been doing lately, he allowed me the evening and tomorrow off, after I got the errands done. I examined my list while leaning back into the plush seats and resisting the urge to let my eyes close. I squinted and let out a sigh of frustration. It was all so much to take lately. No sleep, extremely busy schedule, and Jasmine.

I'd often been getting flashbacks to that night in the studio, and the blow to my head. Everytime I couldn't help but be thankful that my injuries weren't long term, but I also felt a pang of guilt. The whole event was my fault. I hadn't even bothered to tell Jasmine what actually happened between me and Marie, yet she believed me and went out of her way to help me out.

The car came to an abrupt stop as we reached where I needed to be. I thanked my driver and got out, pulling my hood up on the way out.

The wind was mild as I made a trail of footprints in the snow, out to the front door of the office. Entering the building, I was greeted by many warm smiles, and "happy new years".

I returned the genuineness as I made my way down the hall to get the files Scooter wanted me to observe. He had brought out past files of recording artists and wanted me to look at progress, vs work, vs success. It was sort of a goal setting task you could say.

Taking a seat on the chair, I took a look around the room and made myself comfortable before beginning.

There were piles of files here and there. I went through them and carefully examined them in the empty room while jotting down a few notes. They all seemed to be useless notes as my mind was off topic. I shuffled through the files when my hands stopped. I focused my gaze onto the slightly different coloured file that seemed to stand out.

I read the file name carefully

"Jasmine Noel Sher"

My eyes flickers across the file and I questioned why it was here. Scooter and the crew had placed it away in the storage hall back in L.A. after her "death".

My curiousity took over as I cautiously opened up the file. 

To my shock, the file had no information about Jasmine's music, yet it was a single sheet with her picture, age, birth date, and descriptive attributes. Along with the sheet, there were many pictures of her that were taken of her about three months ago. Completely oblivious to the fact that she was being photographed

There was one from the party back in Toronto, at the beach, on the porch of my house, and more. However, this one picture made my stomach flip in betrayal and awe. I squinted my eyes to make sure what I was seeing was true.

My fists closed as my jaw tensed up looking at the picture. It was one with Jasmine and Marie. Together. Seeming happy as though they were the closest of friends. And it wasn't recent. It was dated back to three months ago. The day before the fire.

I closed my eyes for a seconds to process this before reading the note at the bottom of the page.

"Didn't expect her to turn on you did you?"

That did it as I picked up the file and threw it violently into the trash. My hands came up to my head as I burrowed my head in them and confusingly gripped my hair.

I let my anger boil up before kicking the table with all the force in me, knocking it down, along with the neatly organized files.

"What's wrong!?!?!" Someone came running in, clearly worried about the commotion I caused.

"Nothing" I roughly spat back before rushing out the door.

--------------------------- 

Long time no update! I'm not going to make any excuses although I did have exams this past week. But since a new semester has begun it means I have more time to write. I was so overwhelmed with all the comments and votes! Please vote & comment more so I know there's actually a point in writing this story. I have a lot in mind! ;) thank you xo