Chapter Ten

Jasmine's P.O.V.

Justin left later that night as Satan's worshippers, aka Marie and James were expected the next morning. And indeed they came, barging in at 3 AM, bickering, and yelling for me to get up.

I awoke to Marie standing in front of my bed, her face enraged. She always seemed either angered, or devious, and I would never understand why. She held a bag in her hand, along with clothing, and a pair of shoes.

"Get up," she demanded, "Take a shower and wear these clothes. We have people to see."

As she approached the door, she turned back to speak again.

"Make sure you look good."

I had learned better by now than to refuse her orders, or wait around to waste any time, so I immediately got up. Instantly, my vision went black, and dizziness came upon me. I reached out towards the wall to balance myself till the dizziness went away and my vision slowly came back. This had happened twice before, and I assumed it was due to my lack of sleep. Once again today, I was exhausted, so it must have been the reason.

Grabbing the clothes Marie gave, I crept through the hallway, and into the bathroom. I locked the bathroom door behind me and slowly stripped out of my clothes.

I stared at my body in the mirror, the bruises on my stomach, and arms. At least I knew that bruises didn't scar. Taking one more look at the purplish blue marks, I got into the shower and took a warm, soothing shower.

--

It was just after 4 in the morning, and James and Marie scrambled to gather things, make phone calls, while I waited on a wooden chair by the door of the apartments. I had no idea where they were taking me, and why exactly I was awoken at 3 in the morning, but of course, I couldn't hesitate.

I closed my eyes momentarily, and zoned out from their noise. I was exhausted, with just an hour of sleep. Lately, I'd been tired all the time, even with no explanation.

A few minutes later, James shoved me mildly and my eyes shot open.

"Come" he said.

Grabbing my wrist, and pulling me off the chair, he took me along through the door, and out to the apartment lobby. Taking the back door, we approached his car. I opened the back door and took a seat, as James and Marie got buckled and started the car.

"Jasmine, you're going to be meeting a few people alright?" James turned back to tell me, eyes wide, head nodding to make sure I understood.

I nodded and looked away. I wondered who I was meeting, James was acting different today. He was usually blunt and harsh. Not today.

I kept to myself for the car ride, seeming interested and distracted by the passing scenery. James and Marie briefly spoke, but nothing that interested me enough to catch my attention.

After what had seemed like hours, we arrived at a large, private property guarded by gates. James drove to the gate and entered in a 4 digit code that allowed us in. He drove up a lengthy drive way, to an immensely large building.

James parked the car and swiftly got out with Marie at his side. I followed closely, face down, staring at the boots Marie had given me to wear. She had been kind with the outfit choice today. It was nice, I had to say. After I'd taken a shower she'd given me a bag, and jewellery also, telling me to "look good". She'd given black skinny jeans, with an ivory blouse, a khaki parka jacket, and combat boots. I looked like a normal teen on an outing with her friends. I mentally laughed at the mockery in that statement. Marie and James were not my friends, and I doubted this would be an ideal outing.