Chapter Twelve

Jasmine's P.O.V.

We arrived at Landon's house at about 9AM. It was still morning as we had gotten up to be at the meeting pretty early. For some odd reason, having the meeting at five in the morning before the sun even rose was the best idea in Mario's eyes.

As the car came to a stop, it jolted me wide awake. I was tired, but I managed to open my eyes and look around the area. Landon's house was in the middle of nowhere. Literally. It was on the outskirts of town, far away from the crowd. To add to the isolation, it was surrounded by acres of land, all gated.

I understood why Mario had chosen Landon's house as my next dungeon- it was so isolated from civilization

"You don't like the crowd I'm assuming?" I asked Landon, while being escorted out of the car by the two security guards.

"It's something like that," he replied while getting out of the car, his personal guard by his side.

I snickered in response, not only to his fear of the crowd, but to the excess amount of security around here. I had two men by my side to refrain me, Landon had one by his side for security, and his house was equipped with gated areas, cameras, and a few armed men.

"What's the reason behind all the security?" I questioned, eyes trailing the yard and the many cameras.

Landon walked ahead of me, speaking to an intercom at the door of his house. Upon the recognition of his voice and face, the door opened. As he entered the house he turned back to respond to me.

"You're the reason"

***

It was past noon now and I sat on the couch trying not to smash my head into the window. Marie's dungeon was boring and brutal as it was, but here, I couldn't get a second of peace and silence without the phone ringing, or the guards freaking out from even the slightest bit of my movement.

Getting fed up, I called for Landon. He immediately jogged down the hall.

"What the fuck do you want?" He replied, taking me off guard. I thought he was mister nice guy.

"Woah bud, chill," I countered in response. "I was just going to ask you if these men would ever take a break from freaking out and watching me like I'm a criminal or something"

Approaching the living room, Landon leaned across the wall of the hallway and looked into the room. He sighed and turned to the men.

"Take an hour off. I think I can handle her"

They listened to Landon as though he was their commander. The men got up and left without the slightest bit of hesitation. I watched, waving to mock their leave.

As soon as the front door closed, I turned my attention towards Landon to look him straight into the eye.

"Excuse me if I'm wrong your highness, but you seem to be acting like quite a little bitch,"

Landon squinted his eyes and furrowed his eyebrows at the harshness in my voice. He closed his eyes then brought up a hand to run through his hair.

"They work for Mario, they'd tell him if I'm being strict and harsh with you, or if I'm being over the top sugary sweet. " he breathed in response, eyes wide questioning me to confirm that I understood.

I felt a little bad for sassing Landon, but chose not to apologize. I still wasn't sure of him. It was silent for a moment and I peered over to look into the hall way to make sure it was empty, and it surely was. Wasting no time knowing that they were gone, I decided to take the time to ask Landon a few questions.