55 | His Knock On our Hearts

"What I have come to realise is that nothing "just" happens in our lives, because ALLAH is always sending us purposeful surprises and gifts

"What I have come to realise is that nothing "just" happens in our lives, because ALLAH is always sending us purposeful surprises and gifts. He is always delivering to us reminders after reminders.

All the nudges ALLAH had sent to us so we can wake up a little bit earlier for Fajr, or the opportunities He created for us to serve our families and our communities, or the chances He put together so we can spread a little kindness and compassion to the people around us... did we respond to any of these "calls" or have we been ignoring them?

And you know what's crazier?

When we miss an actual package, we will always try our best to contact the delivery service, to re-schedule another delivery, and to make sure that we will be ready this time round to receive it, right? But what do we do when we miss an opportunity to do good for ALLAH? Do we take the first step to try to do it again and be better the next time, or do we just... completely forget about it?

Now imagine all of the good deeds we've missed out on doing simply because we chose to "forget about it". What if that knock to pray, to get off Social Media, to give charity, to clean up your home, to serve a friend, to do better at work/school, to read another page of the Quran, to apologise first, to think good of others... were all part of the many gifts that ALLAH was giving us? What if all of the nudges that we felt in our hearts to do the good deeds were actually the first step in our journey of getting our answer? Of feeling at peace? Of experiencing joy?

What if we missed the best gifts from Him because we didn't bother to answer the knock of our hearts?"

Aida Azlin

— Aida Azlin