63 | Heart

The heart is like a little boat floating across the ocean of this life

The heart is like a little boat floating across the ocean of this life. And it is meant to sail back to The One who created it. But many times, the waters of this Dunya will seep into the heart. And when water enters the boat, the boat sinks. Our hearts will sink to the ocean floor many many times during our lifetime, be it through loving this Dunya more than  loving ALLAH or through any other sin that one doesn't repent for. Those things carve cracks into the heart through which water pools in; through which the Dunya enters. And when water enters a boat, the boat sinks.
But there's beauty even in sinking to the ocean floor.
There's a really beautiful quote by Ibn Qayyim Al Jawziyyah who said:
"Satan rejoiced when Adam (PBUH) came out of Paradise, but he did not know that when a diver sinks into the sea, he collects pearls and then rises again."
Your heart sinking into the darkness of this Dunya's ocean is the best place to rise back from. If there's one thing about hitting rock bottom, it is this: You'll never ever find a ground that is harder than rock bottom. That is why hitting rock bottom will scar and scathe you more than anything else will; the icy ground will crush your bones and heart, it will inflict excruciating pain upon every bit of your being; but you know what? Rock bottom being the hardest ground is also the biggest opportunity for you. Because rock bottom is so solid and stable that you can jumpstart so perfectly from there. As long as your heart still beats, the boat can rise back up again. And the beauty of this is, that you will rise back up with ALLAH's light lining your scars and the pearls of wisdom piled up on your boat. In other words: The ocean of this Dunya is actually a great place to cleanse our hearts and souls for the day that we will return back to ALLAH. But that is only if one decides to swim back up again. And it is not too late to swim back up again; as long as your heart is still beating, you can swim back up again. And ALLAH will convert all the darkness of this Dunya that has crept into your heart into the light of His sun.