𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 3-𝐷𝑎𝑦 𝑂𝑛𝑒

August 31, 1985

"Max, max, wake up."

Max was shaken awake by Lucas, who was already fully dressed. Max groaned and slapped her pillow over his head.

"What time is it stalker?" She barely opened her eyes and started coughing.

"It's ten o'clock." He grabbed the pillow off of him. After she started coughing, he put his hand over her forehead.

"Damn, you need some more medicine, cmon."

Max sluggishly walked down the stairs and a cold waffle was on the table.

"My mom made breakfast for you, here." He gave her a few pills and some water. He then got his water and took his pills.

"So, you never told me what your dream was about yesterday."

"Oh, it was insane. Everyone basically just started floating and then I went back in time and I had this really loud and annoying doctor dude with me. I don't know how my brain comes up with these."

Lucas laughed, "we were watching back to the future, that's why!"

They started laughing and Max chowed down on her waffle.
____________________________________________________Later that day, Max and Lucas woke up from a nap and decided to start baking cookies. Max got the sugar and flour while Lucas got everything else from the fridge.

It had been an hour and there was flour everywhere. Max was reaching up to get the cookie cutters when Lucas turned to her face and smeared a glob of flour on the bridge of her nose.

"Lucas, what is wrong with you!" She laughed.

By the time they were done with the cookies, Erica busted through the door.

"Hey Erica, do you want some cookies?" Max offered.

"Ew nerds I don't wanna get mono." She walked to her room with a line of three girls behind her.

"More for us then." Lucas took a cookie and ate it while Max waited for his reaction. "It's actually pretty good."

"Actually? Why are you so surprised?"

Lucas's eyes went wide, "Oh um, I've just never seen you make cookies-um-also I helped and, uh-"

Max laughed and pulled him into a kiss by his shirt.
____________________________________________________
By the end of the day, Lucas and Max could barely move off of his bed. They were extremely fatigued but just couldn't sleep, so they decided to turn on a movie.

"Do you ever get nightmares from Starcourt?" Max randomly asked.

"Yes. It was probably one of the most terrifying things I've experienced."

Max looked up at Lucas and after a few seconds he looked back. She wondered what was going on in his head. She intertwined her fingers with his as they sat there.

"I really miss Eleven and Will." Lucas piped up.

"Me too."

A/N: I had absolutely no idea where this was going but I kinda like it. Idk if anyone has any ideas for what should happen next plz tell me.