Chapter 15-Max I think Im Dying

March 30, 1986

"Max! I think I'm dying!" El nervously shrieked from the bathroom.

"What happened?" She got up from the bead and pressed her ear up to the door.

"There's blood! It's coming from, um, inside."

"Oh shit. Lemme get Joyce- Lucas! Where's Joyce!" She yelled to the other room.

"The store!"

"Damnit." Max muttered.

Mike overheard them and came into the room with an anxious look on his face, "Is she okay?"

"Mike, it's girl stuff. Please find Nancy and tell her to come here with 'supplies' for her girl problems."

"Oh! Um, ok." His face turned red and he ran for Nancy.

"El, you're okay. This happens to every girl and it's gonna feel like hell." Max tried to calm her down but she wasn't a big help.

Nancy quickly ran in with a bag filled with pads and ibuprofen.

It was a long afternoon and when Joyce came back, she explained why and how everything works.

"Wait, you haven't told her yet?" Max raised her eyebrows.

"I thought Hopper did!" Joyce put her hand up in defense.

Nancy laughed, "You really thought he was up for that conversation?"

They all laughed and El's evening went as smooth as it could go when your on your period. Later, Mike and El were alone and reading a book.

"So you got your, um, cycle?" Mike awkwardly questioned.

"Oh, yea." El continued silently reading the pages.

Mike was still curious, "Lucas told me that I should comfort you so.."

"Can you get me some eggos?"

"I knew you would say that." He laughed a bit and went to get them.

A/N: So this is super short and I've had this idea for a while. Idk if this chapter is rlly awkward or not, I just tried to make it realistic 😭