call a friend (sapnap)

[summary]
     ↳ a very nervous sapnap who relies on his friend while going on a date with his other friend

[warning/s]
     ↳ UNEDITED ! fictional places in the US because i'm not american.

[notes]
     ↳ HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SAPNAP!! the cutest one in the dream team tbh. i really liked this concept, but ehhhh i'm not sure about the writing. i hope you all still like it though!!! 

***

You have been friends with Dream and Sapnap for as long as they're friends themselves. You know that they've gotten famous from playing Minecraft, gaining subscribers as fast as an eye could blink. Growing up, the three of you have gotten closer, and even after meeting George, the friendship couldn't have been stronger.

Which surprises you when Sapnap randomly asked you out on a date.

The "Yeah, sure," that escaped your lips was much more surprising.

Sapnap glanced at himself in the mirror, nerves coursing him through him. He combed through his hair one more time before placing a cap on it. He gave a smile towards his reflection before cringing internally. To say he was nervous was an understatement, but he willed himself to go through it.

He has had the biggest crush on you since the day you two met. It might have been a slight admiration from the way you acknowledged him the first time, but as time passes, this snowball of adoration at the top of the mountain cascaded down and grew triple in size.

The two of you met up on a mini-golf course. He sees you on your phone and he rushes to greet you. "Hey, sorry I'm late."

"It's fine. I just got here," you hid your device away and look at him. "So, where should we start?"

After getting the materials you needed, you hiked up to the first hole and Sapnap was lining up to strike the ball. He swung with little strength and ball rolled until it was close to the hole but it didn't get in. "Dang, that was close."

"My turn," you said, shimmying playfully like a golf professional and hit the ball with the thwack. You waited on bated breath as the ball cautiously edged on the hole until it completely fell. "Yes! Hole in one, baby!"

"Lame, you probably cheated."

"How do you even cheat at this? Just admit that I'm objectively better than you at mini-golf."

Sapnap stared at you with his pursed lips and you look at him in confusion because he wasn't replying. "You okay"-

"I- need to use the bathroom!" He bolted away before you could say anything. You picked up your ball from the hole with the confusion still lingering in your mind because Sapnap already wanted to piss from the 30 minutes he just got here. But you shook your head and told yourself that maybe he drank something before leaving.

However, Sapnap didn't go to the bathroom. He might've walked towards the direction of it, but he didn't enter. Instead, he took out his phone and dialed Dream's phone number.

Dream answered after two rings. "Hello? Aren't you supposed to be out with Y/n?"

"I am. I just don't know what to do. We're playing mini-golf right now and I don't know if I should beat her at this to show that I'm good at the game or let her win so she could like me."

"What are you even talking about, Sapnap?" Dream was incredulous. "Maybe you should stop thinking about either winning or losing and just have fun with her?"

"I..." Sapnap bit his lip. "I'm just nervous. I really wanted this to work."

"I know, dude." He laughed from the other end of the call. "Just be you and have fun out there, okay? I gotta go do something. Bye." Dream ended the call before Sapnap could reply. He took a deep breath and attempted to relax himself before going back to where you stood.