↠ damsel (finn the human) ▪︎ imagine

[summary]
you're tired of being the one who needs saving so you asked your boyfriend, finn, to train you, but finn, with his overprotective nature, is hesitant about it.

[warning/s]
nothing!

[notes]
very proud of this one. i just like to imagine myself living in finn's world. idk what creature i would be but i'm already satisfied in finn's arms tbh - super cheesy but enjoy it nonetheless!

***

A knock on the door made both Finn and Jake's ears perk up in curiosity. "I got it," The boy stood up, slid down the ladder, and skip a couple of steps until he opened the door.

Finn's blue eyes lit up when he sees you, carrying a basket of goodies all the while balancing a few books on top of your head. "Hey, Finn."

"Y/N! It's good to see you again," He said as he removed the books off of your hair to assist you. "Did you read the book I suggested?"

"Duh, of course I did! Gotta admit the beginning was a bit boring but the ending really made it all worth it!"

The two of you reached up the second floor. Jake was just standing up when he sees Finn with you. "Oh, what's up, Finn's lady?" To which his brother subtly gave him a panicked look and a hand motion saying to 'cut it out'.

You didn't seem to mind. He was probably just joking around, so you let out a small chuckle. "Hi, Jake. Want some cookies? They're freshly made." You proudly presented your large basket of biscuits and other bread.

Finn went ahead and prepared the hot chocolate as he was supposed to. As he was setting the kettle on the stove, he heard Jake exclaim the name of his favorite pastry. "No freakin' way! Mmm! Tasty! You're my new favorite person, Y/N."

Before you could reply though, Finn cut you off with a "Jake, aren't you supposed to be meeting with Lady today? Right now?"

"Oh, right. Hey, Y/N, can I have some more for me and my Lady? I bet she'll love it!"

You happily obliged. You dumbly asked how he was going to carry it but forgot that Jake is one stretchy dog. The yellow creature easily scooped the snacks in his hands and flew out the window.

The room was silent now, it was just the two of you. It wasn't awkward though since you and Finn have been going out for weeks now. Every afternoon, you would go and bring baskets of goodies while Finn decides what to drink. Sometimes it's the other way around. You then talk about what you would do the next day.

Yesterday, Finn wanted you to read his favorite book and you read it overnight and replayed the moments that made an impact on you.

Finn was watching his marshmallow melt when he asked, "What did you like the most about the book?"

"Well," You looked up the ceiling to recall the paragraphs that stuck with you. "I really liked the part when the warrior has this argument with his self-conscious? That was deep and insightful."

"Yeah," Finn agreed. "He was placed on such a high pedestal. Everyone expects him to do so amazingly. He's afraid that if he messed up one bit, everyone's gonna turn against him and stop believing in him."

You and Finn just exchanged thoughts after thoughts. It was mostly you pointing out the details you've noticed and Finn adding his own comments. It was very relaxing, accompanied by hot mugs and sweet pastries.

Finn was playing with your hand while you rambled about the rest of your day before you came here. He listened intently as he felt the warmth of your skin against him. He hummed every once in a while, he was always looking forward to your stories.