↠don't let go ▪︎ imagine

[summary]
     ↳ adrien cares about you. so much that he would literally stop you from killing yourself.

[character/s]
     ↳ adrien and y/n

[words & genre]
     ↳ 1246 words. angst

[notes & warning/s]
     ↳ this imagine was based off an anime file, "a silent voice". enjoy! depressive and suicidal thoughts.

You've never felt more alone than now. Your parents showed that they don't like you, your friends constantly avoided you, and there's nothing you could do about it.

Well, there's this guy. His name is Adrien Agreste.

The moment he showed up, he has proven that he will be with you through thick and thin. He sat with you through your darkest times, and you couldn't have thanked him enough.

Until he asked you to be his girlfriend.

You were very surprised. Questions popped inside of your head and those were why's? and how's?.

One night, at New Years Eve, you and Adrien decided to go and see a fireworks display. You set up a blanket to sit on. Parisians looked at the two of you, disgustingly. You can even hear the murmurs along with the lines of, 'why are they together?' and 'what's Adrien Agreste doing here with that girl?'

You looked down to hide your face. When Adrien heard the same thing, he wrapped his arm around you. "Don't worry," he whispered "I'm here."

You smiled a bit before leaning into his tight hold. You whispered a small thanks before staring at the sky. It was surrounded by a million stars. You began to wonder the same thoughts to when you cut yourself.

Why?

I'm worthless.

I don't deserve to live.

I'm not loved.

I want to die so badly.

You were blinded by your own darkness that you didn't notice the fireworks were already exploding one by one in the night sky. Adrien was smiling as you stared intently. He kept his arm around you. Why do you still keep up with me? You thought.

Adrien turned to look at you. He smiled with those vivid green eyes. You stared back at him with your dull (e/c) ones as you showed him a forced smile. You glanced back at the display. Tears prickled your eyes. Before you could cry, you untangled yourself from your boyfriend and quickly stood up.

"Y/N?" He asked. "What happened?"

"N-Nothing." You smiled sadly. "I'm just about to go home and study."

Adrien got up as well. "I should walk you--"

"No!" You cut him off. "I-I mean, you should enjoy the fireworks display a bit more. I'll take care of myself." You smiled again.

He frowned. "Okay... if you want. Take care, Y/N."

"Alright," you replied. You began your journey home.

"I love you." You stopped in your tracks and turned around, facing him. His sincere smile was beaming at you, the colors flashing at his face.

You smiled sadly, one last time. "I... I love you, too."

Five minutes later, Adrien watched the display. While doing so, he thought of you. How your hair framed your face making you look more beautiful, and how your kindness just affects him. You just make him happy and he's proud to tell the world how much he loves you.

Adrien continued to watch the never-ending display when Marinette and Alya suddenly appeared beside him. "Hey, Adrien," the blue-belled teen greeted.

"Oh, hey, Marinette. Hey, Alya."

Alya smiled, but then replaced with confusion. "Where's Y/N?"

Adrien frowned. "Back home. She wants to study."

"Aw, that sucks." Alya frowned as well. "Why don't you just check out on her? You know how she's alone right now."

"Right," he stood up. "I should go to her right now. Thanks, girls, Happy New Year!"

"Happy New Year!" He heard.

Adrien soon arrived at the L/N household. "Y/N? I'm here." He entered the living room. He noticed that the lights were off. "Man, it's dark in here." Adrien searched for the (h/c) haired girl but she was nowhere to be seen. "Woah, I can see the display from here."

Finally, he spotted Y/N, standing outside the balcony of her room. Her hair was swaying along with the strong wind. "Oh, there she is." Slowly, the girl bounted herself up on the end of the balcony.

Confused, Adrien took his shoes off. "Y-Y/N?" He saw her, climbing. A moment of realization hit him. "Y/N! Wait!" He screamed. She didn't hear him, because of the loud fireworks.

Adrien ran towards her, but with the unnecessary things in Y/N's room, he tripped on one. He fell hard. Panic ran through him and realized that he had no time. Adrien had to save her. He needed to save her.

He watched Y/N, as the lights surrounded her. Her hair flowed swiftly, as well as her baggy clothes.

With wide eyes and a panicking heart, Adrien sat up and called her name. "Y/N!!" He quickly sprinted towards the balcony.

It was as if everything was in slow motion. The fireworks stopped, all things around was silent. The whole world slowed down.

She let her feet slip on the edge of the balcony and fell.

Heavy breathing escaped Adrien's lips as he struggled to grab Y/N's hand. Only half of his body was on the ledge and his feet was barely touching the ground. Adrien only wanted to save her. He desperately wanted to get her out of this-- this sick world she's living in.

"Why?" He grunted. "Why, Y/N?" Adrien held her hand in both of his hands. He could feel his feet, doing its best to keep leverage on the ground. "Y/N," he said her name for the umpteenth time. "Grab the ledge, Y/N!" Adrien groaned, almost tired of keeping her up. I can't let her go.

Y/N remained silent, her eyes prickling with her quiet tears.

Please, God, Adrien said in his head, his eyes closing tightly. Tears almost blurring his sight. Give me one last ounce of strength. After I get Y/N out safely, I promise to keep her in my sight from now on. I promise to love her for the rest of my life. I will tell her everything I love about her just to keep her from killing herself. I don't want to lose her. I love her so much.

Adrien opened his eyes, his tears falling. "Y/N, please..." he pleaded one more time. "Grab... the ledge," he grunted, trying to pull her up.

Y/N also cried. She slowly put her free hand on the frame and with all of her strength, she pushed herself up. Adrien saw this as a sign and pulled as hard as he can. He successfully got Y/N up.

Exhausted, the two of them breathe.

You looked down, and the tears begin to fall. Before you could speak, you jumped when Adrien pulled you for a tight embrace. You heard his sobs as he cried in your now soaked shoulder.

"A-Adri... en," you said quietly.

"Y/N..." he sighed in relief. "Thank God, you're safe." Adrien pulled away but he kept his hands on your shoulders. "I-If, you fell, I can't go on. I can't go on without you, Y/N." He shook you slightly. "Did you realize what you just did to me?"

You cried. Adrien softened as he hugged you again, more gently this time. "I'm sorry, Y/N. I'm so sorry."

"No." You pulled away, your tear-stained face broke his heart. "I'm the one who should apologize. I'm so sorry, Adrien. For everything I did wrong to you."

Adrien kissed your forehead. "You did nothing wrong, princess." He kissed your cheek this time.

"I love you, Adrien," you said.

He smiled. "I love you, too." He leaned towards you as you welcomed his lips to yours. "Don't let go, okay?" He murmured against your mouth.

"Okay."