A Hand to Listen

Last night was a bit too much. Ever since we got home, all the brothers wouldn't stop saying how well I did in front of the class and wanted to spend time with me. Normally, I wouldn't have minded, but I was still a bit emotionally unavailable to give them my full attention. Thankfully, the night didn't last too much, and Lucifer said he wasn't going to talk to me that evening like he said. Too much work as usual. Guess I have that to thank. I'm sure that means the talk lands today though. I won't prepare any excuses. I'm sure he won't like that anyway. I woke up early, so I can stay in my room until breakfast. I'd like to stay in even after breakfast since it's Saturday, but I don't think any of them would let me have some me time. Diavolo said he was going to have an announcement about a talent show today. I wonder what that's about. I decide to leave music on as I lay down on my bed, my eyes closed to the ceiling. Actually, perhaps it's better to go to the dining room right away before one of them comes barging into my room, so we can head down together.

I sit up looking through my phone for any notifications. Other than the goodnight ones from last night, I don't seem to have any. With nothing keeping me, I decide to go. I open the door, expecting to see no one, but I'm greeted with Lucifer's presence.

"Why, hello. Good morning," he says with a calm smile.

"Hey. I didn't expect to see anyone here yet."

"It's my turn to cook today. Have a seat. I'll put breakfast on the table soon."

"Thank you. Your cooking's the best haha."

"I'm glad you think so. What brings you here earlier than usual this morning?"

"Oh... I kinda wanted to avoid seeing anyone for the time being," before Lucifer could express any shock on his face with him being here, I decide to quickly say, "Seeing you alone might be better. I... like when it's just the two of us," I end quietly.

"Likewise. It's nice and quiet before they come in or even wake up, isn't it," he rests his head on his hand while looking at me.

I chuckle in agreement. I try to avoid eye contact with him. It's so difficult to look at him when he has these 24/7 "fuck me" eyes, especially when he narrows them. Flustered, I strain my eyebrows trying to think of something to say. Soon, it hit me. I don't need to say anything. We want silence, so I can just stare right back - that's if I can handle looking straight into his eyes without feeling some type of way. Ever since I first met him, I've been drawn into his stare. I bet Asmo would be jealous if he were to hear that, since his power of seduction though his gaze doesn't work on me. I chose the right seat while nobody was still here: Right next to him, as he sits at the head of the table. He's right next to me. The thought of him being so close at this table brings a tingling sensation to my stomach, which made me react in a way that made my face all red. I try covering my mouth with my hand, my face looking obviously worried, but I suck it up and look up at him. He hasn't moved at all; he's just been staring at me the whole time. The thought makes me more embarrassed, yet I don't really care if it's just him. With that in mind, I soften my face, my eyes more relaxed as I look at him.

I'd do anything to have the slightest bit of beauty he had in his eyes. They're like a crimson flower blooming under a midnight sky, no moonlight but the glow of a rare fire-like rose. As unfeasible as that may sound, his eyes feel like a miracle themselves. This fallen angel has not lost anything. The place in which Lucifer now resides will always be home. Having lost myself in his gaze, my hands drop to the table. My mouth is no longer covered, and Lucifer reaches out to touch my face, leaning in at the same time. A crowd of conversation and footsteps grow louder at the same time he closes the distance with me. The noise snaps me out of my daze, and I quickly stand up. I leave his side to go to my usual seat at the table. Lucifer scoffs and wastes no time composing himself to get up and put breakfast on the table.