Unwrap the Gift!

I wake up in a familiar room. Definitely not my own. I tiredly turn my head to the right to notice exactly where I am. The decor and everything shows I'm in Lucifer's room. I look to my left, and he's sitting down right next to me. He hasn't said a word or made a noise. He's just been staring at me with a warm smile.

"What just happened...?!"

"Well, I got a little carried away with my emotions. It's unlike me to lose control of my anger, so I apologize if I scared you. I didn't want to leave you alone in your room in case any of my brothers tried to disturb you. Of course, they wouldn't just come barging into MY room. Are you okay overall?"

"Um... Yeah, I guess so if you didn't do anything."

"Do anything? What did you expect me to do," he asks worriedly.

I look down at my wrists and ankles, looking away embarrassed at the idea that he would go that far, "Um..."

Lucifer gives out a chuckle, understanding without having me say a word, "Don't be ridiculous. I wouldn't do anything that would cause you harm, nor would I put you in a situation where you could be harmed. Don't mistake me for something Mammon would do: Put you in danger or in harm's way for my own greed. The most I did was use a bit of magic to make you fall asleep. I...," he trails off from a thought, rethinking whether he should bring it up just yet.

I hide my mouth and part of my face with my hand, almost laughing at my own disappointment. Why would he do such a thing? Would I really not be mad if he...

"It's not far from what I would do, especially if it's something you'd like. I'm quite comfortable with the idea. I'd be lying if I said I haven't had any daydreams about it."

My eyes widen in shock as if he's been in my head knowing the images and thoughts that came through and replies because he's been reading my mind.

"Is the door locked?"

"It is. With that being said, I am still annoyed at the thought of you leaving me so frequently. I've calmed down, but that just means I'm suppressing a lot of what I'm feeling for your safety. You have a lot to explain to me. Spill it."

I sit up on his bed, taking a deep breath knowing full well I have to explain everything no matter what. He deserves to know what I've been doing, despite trying to keep it hidden for a surprise. Stringing him along thinking nothing would happen was incredibly stupid.

"Right. As you know, Diavolo and I have gotten close, and I've been spending my free time or as much as I can over at the Demon Lord's castle this past week... Do you know why or have any idea what I've been doing over there?"

"If I did, do you think I'd be this angry? I kept seeing messages from Barbatos come up while you were asleep. I put an end to them. It took a lot to not break your phone. Thankfully, I can bring myself back to rationality unlike Satan."

I see. Maybe that's what he was going to tell me earlier.

"Now why exactly does he want your attention and presence so much?"

"Lucifer, it's June."

"What of the month?"

"It's June 5th."

"Why is today's date so important? Hurry up and tell me already."

"Lucifer, I've been going to Barbatos for help and practice in baking. Do you see where I'm getting at with this?"

"Be direct. I'm tired of waiting for this explanation," he pinches the bridge of his nose in frustration.

I don't even touch his hand, as he knows to pull away as I guide his hand with mine away from his face. Confusion and frustration melt away as calmness overrides with my kiss.

"It's your birthday tomorrow."

"So you've be - "

"So I've been trying to polish up my baking skills, so I can make anything and everything you want for your special day. Wow, you really are too busy to forget about your own birthday..."

"And you didn't tell me what you were doing because you wanted to keep it a surprise," he takes a deep breath in and out.

"That's right."

"I wish - "

"No! I know! I know! I should've told you! I know... It's obvious now," I give a worried and apologetic expression towards the bed and not at him, ashamed of not doing the simple and obvious.

"You've always worn the bracelet I gave you." he starts to comfort me by caressing my arm, "The fact that you've never taken it off when you were off going with them, shows me your loyalty to me. Though you kept leaving me, you kept your love for me, showing everyone who looked at your wrist. Try not to leave me so much, even if it is for something special you want to do for me. Having you by my side the whole time is all I need as a gift, and even better, your presence is a present you can give me everyday and not just on my birthday."

"Indulge me one last time then. Let me have the kitchen for the whole day while all of you go off doing your own thing. Give me a list of all the things you would like me to make you, and I'll make sure not even Beel gets to the gift I put so much effort on. Even sacrificing time away from you on the week of your birthday!"

"You didn't want to leave me?"

"Of course not!"

"Really? You seemed so eager and excited every time. It bothered me a great deal."

"I'm sorrrryyyyy," I close in on him by wrapping my arms around his neck. I laugh a bit at the end as he does as well by hugging me. "Anyway! What would you like?!"

We went on to talk for just a couple more hours. I needed to get a good amount of sleep if I was going to stay most of the day baking. He made some comment about not being like Beel, but I forced him to give me more things to add to the list as I spent a lot of time with Barbatos, and I wasn't just about to put all that effort for just some Princess's Poison Apples. I asked if I could stay in his room as part of compensating for leaving so much. He did not deny me my request.

The next morning, we all have a usual routine, except I take over breakfast and make whatever Lucifer wants for this morning. The rest of the brothers aren't too happy, but it honestly doesn't bother me. I go on about my day. It's not much that he asked for in the end, but I still put in effort into every stir and ingredient. When he gets back, I'm sure it'll be worth all the energy I put in.

***

Lucifer finally comes in. As expected, the evening went well. The intimacy is great and all, but for some reason, I can't help that there's this awful missing piece. He wanted to leave all student council work behind, so it wasn't brought up. Does he still not feel great about what happened before?

"I have to thank you, Y/N. I really do appreciate all you've made me, but... this isn't nearly enough."

"Well I made all the foods you wanted me too! I told you to give me more things to make!"

"That's not what I mean. I'm still stressed out."

"Oh, I can make you some calming tea that I got from Barbato -"

"No. I need something far sweeter. I need a delicacy."

I'm too confused by what he means, so I just stay quiet for him to explain what he means since I don't think what I'll come up with would be the solution he's thinking about. Something really sweet, huh? I thought he didn't like too many sweets.

"Y/N~"

"A - Ah, yes?"

"Go to my room. Now. I'll meet you there in a few minutes. I won't repeat myself. Oh, make sure you're open to be eaten because I don't believe you gave me a present yet... on my own birthday."