Jealous Sabotage

"What kinds of records did you buy, Lucifer? I like to think I know my way around the good ones, haha."

"Well, I decided to buy a few records of bands from the human world. I figured you would be better acquainted with your world's music than here (aside from the reason that there really isn't much music made in the Devildom), so discussion would be much more enjoyable."

"Oh, that's thoughtful! I wouldn't have minded either way though," I jump slightly on the sofa. "I think I could give some insightful thoughts along with opinions on the lyrics on any song," I start to slip in casualness with my hands waving with awkward hand gestures.

Lucifer notices, "I find it fascinating that you have two very different sides to you, but each one is your genuine self," he gently goes around the edges of my hair. "I'm glad you're comfortable enough to talk to me either way: A sophisticated self and a care-free self, dare I say naïve innocence."

"Is that what you think of me," I shy away, hiding my hands within themselves.

"It's exactly what you show. In what other manner am I supposed to see you, Y/N?"

"I guess it is true... I just never really heard anyone say it, except maybe 'innocent'... I'm not... - you know? Let's look at the records you bought! That's the reason why you called me over here anyway, right?"

"Alright." Lucifer hands me four records, "I decided to take the ones that seemed your style. I asked to sample, and picked based on some of the tunes you played on piano while we were practicing on those late nights."

"You still remembered them?! I barely played a few bars from what I could remember. Let's see... Woah DIR EN GREY and The GazettE. They're pretty popular. You got 10 Years..! I haven't heard them in so long. Memento Mori." I giggle knowing I didn't play anything that sounded Japanese, "Did you like their traditional sound?"

"Hm? Ah, yes. I thought it was interesting. I know your taste pretty well to be able to choose some that you already knew of, don't you think?"

"You seem to know me well, but maybe as well as you may think. I do know all of them, but that doesn't mean I love each one," I smirk.

"Then I say we make a night of it just listening. What do you say?"

"I'd very much like that, Lucifer."

"Before that," he pauses, "...Do you think I've been too aggressive with my advances towards you?"

"Wh - What? I don't think so. I've been comfortable for the most part. Why do you ask," my face perplexed with the sudden question.

"That song you sang at the end of the concert..."

I make a face, remembering I had the whole audience in silence after my closing performance.

"OH, right," I partly hide my face with my hands. "Um, don't wor - that was just - uh - I - I don't know. Diavolo wasn't clear on what song he wanted, okay!? I didn't have a lot to work with on short notice..!"

"Is that why you were so stricken with sickness and nerves at points? Diavolo made you..?"

"He didn't exactly make me. It was a suggestion from my professor that he asked to Diavolo. I had the choice, but I didn't want to turn it down. Honestly, maybe I should've... For the closing performance, I really had quite the quiet crowd, didn't I?"

"You're right. I didn't expect dead silence. The air felt thick with uncomfortableness. I have a feeling that it wasn't due to your song choice, however. My brothers were astonished in silence in a good way, and they eventually said some cheering words if it makes you feel any better. Though you weren't able to hear or see their encouragement with you on center stage, unfortunately."