Chapter 1: 5 years ago

A/N: you have probably seen that these chapters are exactly like the chapters from my Lisbeth x reader story. Which I've deleted, since I didn't know what way I wanted to go with it. It was more or less a book I've started on a whim not really thinking about the plot of it in a long term. On the other hand I had some pretty good ideas for a general Sword Art Online book, but I didn't want to write the beginning again. So I just copy pasted the first chapters of my Lisbeth story into this one. So sorry for the fact that I just deleted the Lisbeth story, but I just didn't know what to do with it. I will think about making a Lisbeth story in the future, but I want to be clear that this is going to be my main SAO book. I hope you understand and enjoy the story.

Your dad invited your family to a conference about the project he was working on. All you knew was that your father was never clear on what exactly he was working on for the company he worked for, so this was the day that everything would be made clear. You were picked up by a driver with a car with blinded windows. You were on the highway when you suddenly heard a loud BAM. The driver fell forward in his seat with a hole in the back of his head. Blood covered the windshield. Your mother,who sat next to the driver, tried to take over the steering wheel,but failed to do so. The cars swinged across the road and hit the rails at the side and came to a sudden stop and you felt you were losing your consciousness. But at the time the car stopped suddenly, the cup with hot coffee from your mom splashed over the right side of your face. Due to the pain your screamed. You opened the car door and saw a group of five men dressed completely in black with motor helmets in the same color. "What do you want?" you asked. Instead of answering your question one drew a knife. He tried to strike you with it but you jumped backwards, causing the blade to only make a shallow cut left of your nose. "(Y/N)!" Yelled your little sister,who was still in the car. You grabbed the man's right arm, with the knife, with your left and with your other you broke his arm causing him to drop the knife. Another men dressed in black pulled out a gun and fired three shots at you. You pulled knife-man quickly in the trajectory of the bullets and used him as meat shield. The gunner realised what happened and stopped firing. You threw the body to the ground and rolled towards the knife he dropped. You then stood up and threw the knife straight into the gunners throat. He dropped the gun and fell to the ground. You ran over and grabbed the gun. "A HK45, nice", you said. You then heard someone begging behind you: " NO. PLEASE. DON'T." BAM BAM. Silence.

"SIS!!" you screamed and turned around. You then saw that the remaining three man were standing on the other side of the car with their HK416's aimed at you. "Only one target remaining, Alfa." said one of them. "No joke, I'm not blind, Omega." said the one who was apparently codenamed Alfa. "Eliminate him like the rest. And then burn the entire shitshow to the ground so no traces are left for the cops." "It's the forensics, sir." "ARE YOU GONNA BE A SMARTASS, SERIOUSLY, RIGHT NOW?!" Alfa said and turned to Omega. "I apologize, sir." said Omega and turned to him and bowed down. You quickly dropped to the ground and crawled to the car. You then got up and shot the third one straight in the face, he was dead on the spot. "FUCK! That kid's dangerous!" said Omega. "Like I haven't noticed moron!" said Alfa. "This isn't like what the boss said at all. ABANDON MISSION. I repeat ABANDON MISSION." The two remaining guys got on a motorcycle and drove away. You then walked up to the car, looked inside and what you saw shocked and terrified you. The driver, your mother and  brother all had a hole in their head with blood gushing out of it. "Brother?" you heard very faintly. You then looked over at your little sister and hugged her thightly and your started crying your eyes out. "I'm sorry... I'm so sorry... I couldn't protect you all." "Why... Why did this had to happen?!!" cried your sister. You then heard sirens in the distance and your sister fell asleep against your chest and you rested your head on top of hers and drifted of to sleep.

When you woke up and saw a bright light. You blinked a couple of times to adjust your eye to the brightness. You then found out that your right eye was covered in bandages. Then you looked around and saw that you were connected to a couple of machines. "So you're finally awake?" said someone on the left side of the bed. It was a young women with straight brown hair tied in a ponytail and two bangs on either side of her head and golden-brown eyes. "Who are you and where is my sister?" "I'm your nurse, Nanami. And to answer your second question: I don't know where your sister is. What is her name?" "(S/N) (L/N)", you said. "Ok, I'll talk to some colleagues, so stay here and don't disconnect yourself." Nanami said and walked out of the room. After a couple of minutes she came back followed by a man. He looked in his twenties and had shaved, dark hair and dark eyes with a scar over his right one. "I am doctor Hachi." he said with a stern voice. "What is going on?" you asked. "I'll cut right to the case if you don't mind." Dr. Hachi said. "Yeah sure, but first tell me where my sister is." you said. "Oh, she lies two rooms further down the hallway. So don't worry about it, okay?" said the nurse. "Right," said Dr. Hachi, "as I said I'll get down to business. You've got a huge burn wound on the right side of your face. Your eye is luckily okay, but it will leave a big scar on your face." "I see," you said. "The other wound was shallow and didn't cause serious damage, but will also leave a scar across your face. So I don't know what happened, but it was bad." said Dr. Hachi. "And my mother and brother were also in the car, what happened to them?" you asked, although you already knew the awnser. Nurse Nanami and Dr. Hachi looked to the floor. "They were already dead when the emergency services arrived. There was nothing we could do for them. We're sorry." You then started to cry for 15 minutes straight. "Does my sister already know what happened?" you asked them. "Not yet, she's still asleep and in order to recover it's best to let it that way." "So is there any family where you can stay?" asked Dr. Hachi. "With our dad of course." you said. They then avoided making eye contact with you. "What's wrong?" you asked fearing the awnser. "Well, the day that your car was attacked, your father went missing." the nurse said. "Fucking hell, you can't be serious." you said in a annoyed voice. "Well, since our parents were both single children and our grandparents are dead, we don't." you said.

After the examination of Dr. Hachi you were allowed to visit your sister. When you finished explaining everything to your sister she got up from bed and started crying in your chest. "Not only is (B/N) gone but mom and dad too." she cried. You put your hand on top of her head and your other behind her back and pulled her closer to you. "I don't know what we should do now. But we'll be alright, okay?" you said in an attempt to comfort her.

Dr. Hachi and nurse Nanami stood outside the room and looked inside through the window. "What those kids have to pull through." Nanami said in a sad tone, "and they are only 12 and 9." "Sometimes I wish we could do more than just healing their bodies." Dr. Hachi said, "I sometimes seriously wonder what is wrong with the world to take the parents away." "Do you think they'll be okay once they leave the hospital?" asked the nurse. "Honestly, I don't know." said Hachi.

A/N: Please let me know what you think. Any feedback is welcome.