004 | a new step

004
TUESDAY
JUNE 26, 2021

JOSIAH BELIEVED HE WERE really good at getting a good amount of sleep and when he did, he was on cloud nine. Nothing could get worse for him in that department. Well, that's what he believed.

That in all cases shows he was wrong because he had woken up to not feeling like he slept at all. His exhaustion was ridden in him. He was beyond the word tired, he was drained.

He made his way through his morning routine as he slapped on a graphic T-Shirt with some loose denim jeans today. The shirt was beyond wrinkled but Josiah didn't have it in him to care.

He was still wondering what he could do to make Elijah be actual content with Josiah being around him. Elijah has already admitted he didn't like him and Josiah could understand why, he just didn't want to accept it.

He wanted this trip to be good for him, good for everyone else as well and if the person he had to do every activity with and then come back into the same room and sleep, he didn't want there to be any bad footing.

He'll be spending every second of this trip with Elijah. He wanted it to go right. So once Josiah grabbed the book he didn't finish on the bus that one time, he made his way down to the cafeteria.

Finding everyone else like he did yesterday and so Josiah did the same thing he did like the day before, looking around for Elijah. Josiah soon found him so once grabbing everything he wanted for himself, Josiah got him an extra bottle of water. He made it to the table he was at yesterday before putting his things down and heading in Elijah's direction.

Elijah was sitting with someone that he hasn't had the chance to meet and he wasn't going to properly meet anyway because once Elijah looked up at Josiah and made eye contact, Josiah just placed the bottle of water next to his food and began to walk away before Elijah could deny it.

Josiah could feel two sets of eyes on him and he was beginning on whether or not this was a good idea. Elijah didn't like Josiah, he fully stated it and yet Josiah was still bothering him. Well, not really. Josiah just planned on doing little simple things for Elijah all day without even having to open his mouth. You can't be mad at someone you don't like when they don't even talk to you. Josiah felt like it was a decent plan.

Regardless of what he did, Elijah would have still been annoyed with him. He might as well do it where it could benefit the both of them.

Josiah sat back down in his seat and tried to ignore the set of eyes on his face, trying to focus on the story in front of him. He didn't want to look and make eye contact. That was the most uncomfortable thing you can do with a person who stated that they had no interest in you as a being.

Josiah's eyes stayed glued to the book displayed in front of him for the rest of his breakfast. He didn't feel any sort of attention on him anymore but Josiah probably didn't know that for sure as the deeper he read, he regretted holding off on continuing this story.

He wasn't paying attention to anything or anyone, so engrossed in the story in front of him he didn't even see someone sitting on the side of him.

"Hello, do you hear me?"

The unfamiliar voice is what startled Josiah, jolting his body when he finally moved his attention from something other than the book.