076 | the run down

076
TUESDAY
SEPTEMBER 13, 2021

          TWO DAYS HAS PASSED and Josiah was currently with Ruby and James who they say was trying to get him to talk back to Elijah or a say in everything that's happening because Elijah has been trying since Sunday and Josiah still couldn't find it in him to respond back.

"Okay, let's start from the beginning." Ruby says, her hands folded over each other as she wore an oversized blazer. She looked ridiculous but Josiah didn't have it in him to be amused about it due to the fact this whole thing felt like an intervention.

"What's going on?" Josiah asks, looking between the two. James' style of clothing was his usual but something about him still felt comedic.

"We are here to give you a new outlook on your situation between you and Elijah." James says, pulling out files of paper that were blank. Josiah really wished he could laugh at this if it didn't feel like he was being targeted for just existing.

"First things first, explain how you feel about Elijah and the recent event that just happened between you two." Ruby says,

"The one where I confessed my love and he didn't say anything and he just walked away?"

"And when he tried to talk to you about it two days later and you ignored him?" James asks,

"Like he hasn't ignored me." Josiah says, "He always ignores me when things go south." Josiah states, not really realizing how much dismay he has for Elijah's silent treatment. He understands why Elijah doesn't communicate but he also wished that he did, in some way where it didn't feel like Josiah was begging for something to happen.

"I'm not mad at him, I just can't really talk to him right now."

"So you think that doing the same thing he shouldn't have done will make this all better?" James asks,

Josiah sighs, "No I don't and I'm seeing now how that was wrong of me." He continues, "You're right, I shouldn't be doing the same thing to him that I'm saying made me feel some kind of way. It doesn't help our situation."

Ruby nods their head, "Exactly. Is there anything you want to add on before we get into Elijah's side?"

"Why couldn't we get Elijah to do that?" Josiah asks,

"Because we know you're having a hard time too and didn't know where that left with talking to Elijah right now." James says, giving him a reassuring smile.

Josiah nods his head, "That's sweet, thank you. I probably wouldn't have been my best self if he was here right now."

"I don't think that's true but we can deal with that later." Ruby says, "I'll let James lead this."

"First, let's start with the fact that you said you were okay with not having anything romantic with Elijah knowing that he didn't want one and couldn't handle it." James starts, "And how you acknowledging your feelings wasn't going to change that."

Josiah tried to take in his words before Ruby starts to add on, "Despite this, your feelings of feeling abandoned and feeling humiliated was valid." She says, "And it was completely understandable to try again, it wasn't right to make Elijah feel like he was necessarily wrong for his feelings."

"I didn't do that though."

"Not intentionally but you did in the end." Ruby says, "But disclaimer, Elijah should have reached out sooner than later and you should've done the same."

James continues, "It's all up to you whether or not if you could've made a relationship or friendship with Elijah, it's hard to stay friends with someone you're in love with but Elijah didn't do anything wrong for standing on the same feelings he already acknowledged to you and ones you accepted." He says,

"You should've been prepared for rejection and shouldn't put that all on Elijah after he continued to stand where he stood."

"I understand everything else," Josiah says, "But I don't think that I did the last part. I didn't put anything on Elijah, I was hurt and cried about it to friends." Josiah states, "Elijah doesn't know anything about that."

Ruby nods their head, "That's true."

"I see that," James says, "Sorry, I was mainly coming at it from what Elijah told me."

Josiah just gave him a small smile, "I understand." He says, "Thanks for this, it did make me think differently of this."

Ruby raises her hand with a smile on their face, "Yay! I did something worthwhile."

"Be quiet, your smile is too wide." James says,

"Do you have to end something so good in a negative light?"

James shrugs his shoulders, "It doesn't hurt."

Josiah and his two friends continued to talk but Josiah could only think about the conversation beforehand. He had a new revelation and he was still deciding what to do about it.

A/N

Did y'all agree with the whole run down? Leave below thoughts, just a sad reminder that tomorrow is the last time this story will be getting uploaded? How we feeling again??

Anyway, I'll see y'all tomorrow!!

*sorry for any grammar mistakes or repetitive statements, most likely didn't notice when finalizing!!!