015 | moments until they leave

015
MONDAY
JULY 2, 2021

    JOSIAH HAS BEEN trying to get rid of the thought of everyone he met on this trip leaving him but he couldn't help the thought that lingered. Josiah has been alone for the majority of his life, with a dad who hated him and an adopted mom who was married to his father, trying to clean up the mess his dad made. Only to remember that his biological mom left him for the same reason his dad hated him.

He was someone with every reason on why he's worth leaving so how could it be possible that they would stay? It didn't make sense to him and even if he wanted to hold and cherish the moments he has with them now, they will always just be moments to him.

The sudden jolt of the bus bumping on a speed bump caused his mind to go to holding on to something so he wouldn't topple on Elijah. Elijah, who's been staring at his camera for the last five minutes, looking over at the pictures on there.

Josiah has yet to see Elijah take any pictures while they were here but he seemed to capture a lot as he just kept on clicking, each click coming up to a portion of San Francisco.

"Those look good." Josiah admits, not too shy to admit that he was looking at whatever Elijah was doing. Josiah was becoming closer to Elijah and he was going to hate when they didn't see each other again.

"Thank you." Elijah replies, not saying that he believed that every one of these pictures was complete ass but Josiah wasn't his therapist so he was just going to keep it to himself.

"You took a lot." Josiah states, hovering over Elijah like it was normal.

Elijah didn't seem to mind, not like he would have only just a couple of days ago. It's crazy how much has changed in only a few days.

"Yeah, we went to a lot of places from the time we've been here." Elijah replies, placing the camera down which causes Josiah to back away. Elijah was sick of not seeing whatever seemed to please Josiah so much.

Josiah nodded his head at Elijah's words, "That's true." Josiah states, "I'm excited to play mini golf today as well too."

Elijah's hums at that, looking out the window. Josiah didn't plaster him with any more questions, he just took his phone out alongside his headphones and started to play music. Josiah wasn't in a really talkative mood anyway today.

Soon the bus came to a halt and they reached their destination, Elijah and Josiah getting off first. Coming face to face with the three of Josiah's friends, James, Cee and Ruby.

"That bus ride seemed like forever." Ruby states, stretching her arms. "My ass feels sore."

"That's because you sat in the worst cushions, now my ass hurts thanks to you." James declared, rubbing the side of his butt. Cee stood between them with a smile on her face, "I had a nice ride. I wasn't bothered."

Ruby rolls her eyes, "Easy for you to say. You had a seat all to yourself." Ruby comments, "You didn't have to share with Waldo here."

James shrugs his shoulders, "I'm not going to even entertain you." James states, looking over at Josiah and Elijah. "Did you two have a nice trip down here?"

Josiah nodded his head, his smile not coming out to play. Elijah did his usual shrugging and moved on from it, Josiah not noticing the subtle stares Elijah was giving him. Elijah was starting to get the feeling Josiah wasn't happy right now. That he was in a bad mood and he didn't know what to do. Their conversations would be dull if Josiah didn't carry them.

James nods his head, not pointing out the bitter sweet mood in Josiah and Elijah's direction. They were soon instructed to go inside the building where they had Jean and every other adult do what was necessary, which was then instructed to head out back, where all the courses were.