017 | indoor rock climbing

017
WEDNESDAY
JULY 4, 2021

JOSIAH AND ELIJAH have finally become friends. Where it wasn't when only Josiah would see Elijah as a friend but when Elijah felt the same way. Josiah just had a conversation with Elijah's aunt and uncle and if that didn't confirm their friendship, Josiah wouldn't know what would.

He's still reeling over the whole interaction between everyone. He had a friend, a friendship with Elijah out of all people. Even with countless clues and Elijah indirectly telling him they were friends, it was nice to hear it from the boy himself.

TWENTY MINUTES AGO

Josiah was trying so hard to like his outfit but for some reason, he just didn't. Maybe it was the shirt with the pants. The colors didn't really match as he believed they would.

He was also too busy critiquing his outfit that he didn't hear Elijah calling his name.

"Josiah?"

Hearing his name is what caused him to turn his head, standing inside the bathroom, and making eye contact with Elijah.

"Yeah?"

"My aunt and uncle wanted to say hey to you."

Josiah's eyes widened and a smile came over his face, "Really? Why?"

Elijah shrugs his shoulders, "I don't have an answer to everything."

"Elijah." Elijah's aunt correcting him, making his way over to where the boy sat with his laptop on his table.

Josiah starts to bend down until he comes face to face with Elijah's aunt and uncle.

Elijah's aunt's skin was of a warm tan, had big brown eyes that fit her face perfectly with wide but thin lips. Her hair was currently braided into two braids that made her look younger than she might've been.

Elijah's uncle seemed to look perfect just sitting next to her, they looked good together. His skin was sepia brown, having brown close-set eyes that seemed to be perfectly symmetrical. His hair was a bald fade that seemed to be lined up recently. He had wide lips that seemed to fit his face just right.

He and Elijah seemed to have the same nose so Josiah could only assume that his uncle was his blood relation.

"It's so nice to finally see you. Elijah has told us about you."

Josiah looks at Elijah who didn't shy away from eye contact, "Really?"

"We do activities together everyday. I couldn't just forget to mention you."

Josiah's shoulders dropped for some reason, "Yeah, that's true."

"Elijah be quiet. He's mentioned you as a friend. Don't take his words seriously."

"That too." Elijah comments, looking unfazed.

Josiah smiles at that, "That's good to hear."

"Anyway, what do you guys plan on doing?" Elijah's uncle asks, looking directly at the two.

"I think Jean said something about rock climbing." Josiah comments, "Indoors of course." Once he started to see the concern on both of their faces.

"Elijah's done indoor rock climbing before, with his aunt. Have you ever tried Josiah?"

Josiah shakes his head, "No this will be my first time."

Elijah's uncle nods his head, "Well at least you'll have Elijah to help you out."

Josiah looks at Elijah who looks back at him, "I hope so."

Elijah shakes his head, "I'm not just not going to help you."