Chapter Five: The Campfire

Song of The Chapter: How Many Things - Sabrina Carpenter

June..

Gina's POV

It was our second week of camp, I hadn't talked to Ricky since Carlos' Quinceañero. I've been avoiding him for months. I know it may seem immature and I'm going to have to speak with him eventually, but after all he put me through... I'm not sure if he was doing it intentionally or not but either way..

Well I don't know... It's just that I used to really like him and he knew that I did, but he would still ask me for advice on his relationship. I cannot count how many times Ricky Bowen has made me cry.

I want to believe he had good intentions but how he made me feel wasn't healthy. I hope me and him can talk one day and become friends again.

I was the first one to wake up this morning. It was about 5:40 AM.. I went to the boys' cabin to wake up EJ. We wake up early every morning to sit by the lake. EJ wasn't awake yet, but to my surprise Howie was. Ricky, Carlos and EJ were still sleeping.

"Hey?" Howie said whispering.

"Oh Hi." I said smiling.

"Why are you awake so early?" He asked.

"Oh I came to wake up EJ." I explained.

"At 5:00 AM?" Howie said giggling.

"Yeah we wake up every morning at sit in the canoes." I said.

"That sounds nice.." He said.

"Wait.. You should totally bring Kourt.." I said.

"It could be a double date." I said chuckling.

"Sounds good." Howie said smiling.

"Hey EJ.." I said tapping him on the shoulder to wake him up.

"Hey.... G" EJ said barely awake.

"Get ready" I said giving him a kiss on the cheek. "You and Howie can come and pick Kourt and I up from our cabin." I said.

"Howie and Kourt?" He asked.

"Yeah, I invited them." I said whispering.

"Oh okay." He said.

I pretty sure he wasn't fully awake to understand everything I was saying. He's a heavy sleeper. I find it kind of cute. Well I need to head back to my cabin to wake up Kourtney.

Two Hours Later.. Sitting In The Canoes..

We've been sitting in these canoes for about thirty minutes.. I loved every minute of it. It was so corny that it was cute.. Kourtney and Howie were great additions to our canoe dates. It gave Howie a opportunity to get to know us Wildcats a little more. These past few weeks have been amazing. I never would've thought that I'd be a camp lover. This has been the happiest I've been in a long time. I'm still getting used to not having my phone. I think it's kind of healthy though. I love every moment I get to spend with Kourtney, Nini, Carlos, Ashlyn and of course EJ. I really enjoy rehearsing lines with EJ. I brought a lot of my knitting stuff.. I even knitted EJ a cardigan last week. He wears it everyday to convince me he likes it. I've been teaching EJ some choreography from our show. EJ has been helping me on my improv. I don't know how we didn't talk until a couple months ago. He's amazing. I love me and Nini's midnight talks about life, I love hearing about her music making with my brother. Ash has been having a hard time without Big Red but she's doing fine. Camp has been great. Besides Lily's pestering. Knowing that I get to spend my whole summer with the people I love still feels like a dream.