Chapter Fourteen: Fear of Butterflies

Song of The Chapter: Kingston - Faye Webster

September..

Gina's POV

7:24 AM.. In The Bed..

My eyes are still closed. The last time I checked I still had a few hours left to sleep. I'm not too worried because Ashlyn said that she wouldn't let me oversleep, but then again she was up all night on Facetime with Maddox. I can tell she misses her a lot. I do too. I'm not that sad because Jet and Maddox go to our school so we'll see them next week.

Ashlyn just hasn't got the chance to see Maddox yet because their family has been too busy moving and getting prepared for the new school year.

I Open My Eyes.. I Look Towards My Alarm Clock..

"SEVEN IN THE MORNING!" I yelled out loud.

"No, no, no, no, no. This cannot be happening." I said starting to panic.

Ashlyn Jumps Up Out Of Her Sleep..

"Gina, what's wrong?" She asked, starting to panic as well.

"I slept past my alarm, I'm not even dressed, I haven't even called EJ to drop me off." I rambled, as I continued to pace back and forth from both ends of our messy room.

"I'm sorry. I'm so so so sorry. I thought I got enough sleep and that I'd be up early enough." She said becoming disappointed in herself.

"It's okay. It's okay." I said to her despite me thinking the opposite.

"I'm used to getting disappointed." I blurted out.

I witnessed the disappointment in her face worsen. I didn't mean to make her feel worse, everything was just going wrong. I was supposed to be at the airport at five in the morning. I was supposed to already be on the plane on my way to Louisiana for the weekend. I have no idea what I'm going to do now.

"I'm sorry. I don't know why I said that. It's just a lot going on." I said, reassuring her.

"Uh- Okay. Well. you should call your mom so she can book you a later flight, you get dressed and I'll drive you." Ashlyn said, making me feel worse because of how nice she was.

"Okay, thank you, Ash. Once again, I'm sorry for snapping at you." I said.

"No, It's fine. Apparently, I'm always the source of people's disappointment." Ashlyn said, reciprocating my energy.

A Few Minutes Later.. On The Phone..

"Hey, mom." I said to her over the phone.

"Hey, baby. I'm surprised you have service on your plane." She said.

"About that, I actually missed my flight." I confessed, waiting to be scolded.

"Gina, are you serious? Y'know what, I'm not even mad. I'll see what I can do." She said.

I was not expecting that. She took that better than she's ever taken anything bad I've told her.