28 - All Too Well

All Too Well

The interviews and promos were over. Nick went back to England to his family, and Josh and I just got to Union, his hometown.

We decided that the first week to his house, the second to mine. Then the third week, he'll go back to Union and spend our last week with our families.

I walked through the door with him, the air was cold, because it's already snowing. But somehow, it felt like home. Maybe because we're in Kentucky, so it feels that way.

"Welcome home Josh!" His family greeted him. They had a banner, and all.

"Good to be back." He said, hugging his parents and brother "This is Jennifer."

"Your girlfriend?" Connor says, he has is arm around a girl, his girlfriend probably.

"No. Just my best friend." He says, putting an arm around my waist, like he always does when we're with other people.

"Yeah, just his friend." I say, smiling. I shake hands with his family, and I was coming off a little shy.

"How did you two become friends?" His mother, Michelle asks me. We're sitting at the dining table, eating every food imaginable.

I sit beside Josh. It was a very big table, packed with the food, of course.

Michelle cooked all of it, and I can say it's really delicious.

Josh's house is fairly big, just enough for all of them.

"So, how did you two become friends?" Connor asks me.

"When we first met at audition day of Hunger Games." I say, after I swallowed a piece of chicken. "Then, I don't know, we see each other almost every day. I'm kind of sick of his face."

"Hey, I thought we never get sick of each other." He says, and pouts. I laugh, because he's just too cute.

"That's what you thought." I say. I feel myself getting comfortable, and being myself. His family is a tad crazy too, so it's okay.

"You two look great together. You know." Connor says. He's like a miniature Josh. Talkative, fun, and handsome. I notice his girlfriend is quiet, and I think she's shy

I see Josh give him a death glare.

"Yeah, I know that." I say, winking at Josh, for all to see.

Connor whistles, and everyone laughs.

"Why don't you just kiss?" He says.

"Con, that's rude." His mom says. Connor just smiles.

"No, it's okay really." I say, filling my plate with salad.

"Besides, we have done that a lot of times." Josh says. It's true. In the movies. In real life.

"Josh and I love kissing." I emphasize the word 'love.' "It's sexy."

"Why don't we give them a sneak?" He says. Well, I'm ready for that.

"Sure." Both of us leans in. Then our foreheads touch, then our noses. We stay at this position for a while.

I don't hear anything. It's like everyone is holding their breaths. No clinking of utensils. Nothing. I'm holding my breath too.

I feel myself losing control, and I almost kiss him. But I pull back, and he does too.

"Not doing it." We both said in unison.

"That was..." Connor says. Michelle has her mouth open. Everyone was staring at us. "Intense."