18 - Give It A Try

Give It A Try

I wake up with the sunshine in my face. That's odd, I remember I don't have any windows in my trailer. I open my eyes a little, but I can't open it completely, it's like they're glued together.

And I hate it.

That's when I feel a body shifting beside me. Another odd thing today. What happened?

I turn my body a little and find an arm around my head. And yes, you guessed it, of course it was Josh. I think we slept together. I look up, and find him still sleeping. I can stare at him forever.

So I did.

I prop my body with my elbow, and even though I'm still sleepy, I feel awake, like my body just got surged with energy. I sit down, slowly, careful not to wake him up. My lips slowly forms a smile.

I place myself on a comfortable position. He looks just like an angel when he sleeps. His hair is a little messy, and my self control isn't enough for myself to not touch it.

I brush his hair with my fingers, my smile not disappearing from my lips. Then I slowly slide my fingers to his face, to his jaw, and eventually his lips.

"Am I that handsome?" he says suddenly, with a smirk on his lips. Though his eyes are closed. I feel embarrassed by what I did, but nonetheless, my stomach does this weird roundhouse-butterly-fluttery thing that I can't explain.

I hope my face doesn't get tomato-red by this time.

"Shut up." I say, trying to hide what I feel inside. "You're not."

"Oh come on, you're even staring at me." he says, and his eyes flutter open, proping himself beside me.

"I was not." I say, even though it's obvious I'm lying.

"You were." He says, with that knowing smile on his face.

"Nope." I say, looking down, making it more obvious that I'm definitely lying.

"Come on, Jen don't deny it. Don't you think I know when you're lying or not?"

"Okay fine, I was." I say, rolling my eyes. "Now would you shut up?"

"I knew it." he says triumphantly. He patted my hair and I roll my eyes at him. He rolls his eyes back, imitating me.

"Josh, stop." I say, I get teased easily, and I hate it.

"Okay, Ms. Grumpypants."  He says, and now I know he'll stop.

"Oh, God. What are you? A child?"  I say, rolling my eyes once again.

"Yeah, sure." He grabs my hand, and gently pulls me for me to get up. "Let's go grab some breakfast."

We walk out of his bedroom, he's holding my hand, and I can't help but notice how soft his hands are. I sit down on the sofa, while he grabs food from the fridge.

He joins me after a while, with two peanut butter and jelly sandwiches in his hands. I grab one and chomps on it as soon as I grab it.

"What will we do?" He asks, and I have no idea what he's talking about.

"With what?" I ask, still focusing on chewing my food.

"With Claudia." he says, and I notice that he hasn't even eaten his food.

"Oh." I say, suddenly just remembering what happened last night. "I don't know. I guess, we'll just see how it goes."

He gives a deep sigh, as if saying that that wasn't a good idea, but it's the only choice we have.