27 - That Feeling

That Feeling

Nick and I are sitting on the couch, just cuddling and talking things out. His arm is around my back, and his hand touching my arm.

This position reminds me of Josh. But I notice how his hands are softer. And his shoulders less bony. How perfect my head feels when I rest it on his shoulders.

I let go of this position, because it was getting uncomfortable. So I just lay my head on his lap.

Just when I was getting okay with it, the doorbell rings.

"Can you pick it up?" I ask, him. Because I'm too lazy.

"Sure." I sit up, and he walks to the door. I decide to take a peek. And it was Josh.

I hope I was the one who just went there.

I stare at them for a while, trying to pick up a few sentences. But I can't, they're too quiet.

Nick closes the door and walks back. He hands me a paper bag.

"Josh said this is for you." I open it and find medicines.

"What are those for?"

"For stress."

"Why'd you have them go pick up? I can do it, too you know."

"We were together yesterday. He offered, so I just accepted."

"How did he know you needed them?"

"Why do you have to ask?"

"Just answer it."

"We were at the hospital yesterday."

"Why?" I am getting annoyed right now. He doesn't need to know everything.

"I was feeling sick. I needed to go."

"You should've told me."

"We did interviews together, okay? I was with him. I didn't want to bother you."

"He told me to tell you that your interviews for today was moved back to 12."

What? It's already 11:00. Why didn't they text or call me? I check my phone.

Oh. They did text me. My phone was on silent.

"Gonna get ready." I say, and give Nick a quick peck before going upstairs.

I did what I had to do. Shower, dress, make up. All of it in 30 minutes.

When I'm ready, I go back down and say goodbye to Nick. I drive there, and find Liam there.

"Hey." I say, giving him a big hug. He gives me one too. "Where's Josh?"

"Not yet here." He says and we wait for him. He arrives and he and Liam hugs.

"Morning." He says to me, and I hug him. God, it feels good.

"Actually, it's afternoon now." I say, and smile.

"Whatever." He says, and sits beside me.

The interview starts and they ask us a bunch of things.

"This question is for Jennifer. The love triangle is more complicated in this movie than the first. Who do you think you can more relate to? Peeta, Katniss, or Gale." I think about this question and try to relate it in some way in my life.

"I think Gale." I say. "You know that feeling of loving somebody so much. That you know you just want them to be okay. Even if they do love somebody else. But then you're like, okay, you can still love somebody else other than that person you love."

I look down, because the words cut deep into me. I take a glance at Josh, and he's looking down too. I guess it both applies to us now.

We were asked a bunch of other questions. There were some that we laughed about. Some that were not interesting, but I try to look like I care.

We move from one interviewer to another and were basically asked the same questions over and over again. But I try to look like I'm having fun.

Finally, the interviews ended after 4 hours.

Josh pulled me aside to talk to me.

"Hey, you're going home to Kentucky this Thanksgiving, right?"

"Yeah. Why?"

"My mom kind of wants to meet you." He says. I can't say I'm not flattered. "And my father. And my brother."

"Aww. That's sweet. I'll be there." I say, and I remember a conversation I had with my family.

We were talking through Skype that day. And I was talking about Josh too much. Those were the times when we were still okay.

"Jenny, you've been talking about this Josh a lot. Do you have a new boyfriend?" Ben asked, and I just stare at the computer screen.

"What? No." I say, elongation the 'o'. "He's just my best friend."

"I want to meet him this Christmas." My mom says.

"Why don't you invite him?" Dad asks.

"Okay. Sure. If you want to."

"By then, he's gonna be her boyfriend." Ben teases me again, and I roll my eyes. I wish.

"Jen." Josh snaps a finger at me and brings me back to the present.

"Actually, I just remembered that my family wants to meet you too." I say.

"That's okay with me." He says, smiling.

"How do we make time?"

"One week on yours, one week on mine?"

"But the actual Christmas day, on our own families."

"Yeah."

"So, I guess, see you then?"

"See you. Goodbye Jen, take care." He holds my hand, and squeezes a bit. Not a handshake, but just that.

"Bye. And thank you." I say, "For the medicines."

"No problem. Anything for you." He lets go, and we walk to the parking lot.

Which was awkward. You know, when you already said goodbye but heading the same direction?

There, we bid our goodbyes again. I drive home, looking forward to the weeks I will spend in Kentucky. And the two weeks with Josh.

※※※※※※※

This is a short chapter, sorry.

Anyway, read my other 'story' 100 Letters of a Fangirl. Even if just the latest chapter, Dear Joshifer. If you want to see my rambling on why they should be together.

Why do you need to read it? One answer. Because, Joshifer!

Seriously, read it! It's longer than this chapter. Haha.

Hope you like this, and leave a vote or comment, if you want :)