𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟎𝟕

there were 7 months left of the year she was given, look what she brought herself into

"you never cease to amaze me." you laughed softly, your feet dangling above the balcony's surface. the feeling of the vines and flowers that curled around the bannister tickled your palms. 

rosalyne leaned onto the bannister, standing beside you.

the air was cold, or it felt that way as the autumn season was nearing its end. the clouds faded into the darkness of the night, the constellations of stars danced across the sky.

rosalyne looked to you, if she seems to amaze you with just her words, you must be magnificent. the way you smiled, the way your lips curved or how it reached your eyes. she still had not figured out how you, an archon, managed to show one so freely. it was lovely. you were lovely. 

if others say she was so, there must be no words for your beauty. she really had no idea what to think, out of all the books she read or all the words she knew nothing came up in her silly thoughts. 

imagine, admiring a deity up so close and all you could think was nothing. 

"i adore you so." she said, barely above a whisper. over the course of these past months, she knew she would some time. not immediately, but knowing that there would be a moment where she would utterly love and adore the being that was you. she would lie if she said she didn't dislike it. 

"you―you do?" you stuttered, the disbelief evident in your voice,
"so i'm not the only one then?" 

she felt warmth rise to her face. whether it was from happiness―was she glad? or maybe the warmth in her heart decided to express itself now. maybe even from her sudden words. "no, you're not." 

"yes, i suppose you're right, i have you now." 
she nodded, as she felt your hand on her cheek. 
"we have each other now." she whispered.

it felt strange, it almost felt too perfect. a classic fairytale beginning, or ending, you were unsure. 
rosalyne looked into your eyes, she found them positively enchanting. she could drown in them like you did with your thoughts. she could drown in them and she wouldn't be afraid to do so. 

you stroked her cheek, and she couldn't recall when was the last time she felt so seen. not as 8th harbinger or as the crimson witch of flames. but as rosalyne. as the least intresting version of herself.
you leaned forward, the slightest bit, before pressing a kiss on her forehead. it felt clumsy, a little surreal. maybe you should have asked first.

rosalyne smiled, she couldn't help it. 
she leaned into your touch, your hand felt cold against her face. 
as she wrapped your hands around your waist, she kissed you, and then again. 
there seemed to be no better feeling than someone's laughter in your mouth. you had to lean down slightly from where you were sitting, craning your neck as she pressed soft, chaste kisses on your lips. "i haven't been doing it for that long, but i really love holding you."

"that sounds so gushy. thank you for inviting me," you chuckled. 
"thank you for showing me this place." 

your voice oh so sweet, rosalyne couldn't figure out why the figure of speech 'sweet nothings' was something still used to this day. she couldn't imagine a single word out of your mouth meaning nothing as they candied her lovestruck heart in your honeyed expressions.

who knew she still had this feeling hidden away somewhere. 

"your grace? are you alright?" edith asked

"you.. look―happy? is it happy?" matheo followed. 

"oh my god, she likes me."
"sure she does," theo replies.
"did―can archons swear on themselves?" 

"who is it we're talking about here?"
"i think it's the traveller." edith whispers.
"the one with the blonde hair?"
"no the other one―of course the one with the blonde hair, who else?"
"who else? fontaine is quite the tourist spot, you know?"

a happy beginning ! i wanted to write something sickeningly sweet bcs maybe there won't be much more tooth rotting fluff<3this is probably so ooc for her, wow

this is probably so ooc for her, wow.

thank you for reading, hope you enjoyed !

⤷ status: not edited
03.03.22