Chapter 74

"Nightstream is kitting!" Goldenstreak yowled. Acornfur came rushing over. She ran into the nursery. Goldenstreak stood in front of the entrance protectively. She unseated her claws when four rogues made their way over.

"We want to see Icestar's newest followers." The first one hissed.

"What makes you think that theses kits belong to him?" Goldenstreak spat back. They all chuckled.

"You have no idea what Icestar is capable of. He will get those kits, in his battle, or in one after." The first cat said. Goldenstreak raised paw defensively. All four cats backed up.

"We've been warned about you. We won't make a stupid mistake." One cat said. Then they slithered away. Goldenstreak looked around and saw that the fights were thinning out. Soon all of the rogues had disappeared.

Acornfur came out, she looked sad.
"What's wrong?" Goldenstreak asked.

"Nightstream's kits were born too early, one of them was stillborn. The other two are extremely weak." Acornfur responded. Goldenstreak bowed her head.

"You mustn't tell anyone about the stillborn, Nightstream doesn't want any cat to know, especially not Frostfang." Acornfur added. Goldenstreak nodded. Frostfang ran over.

"Can I see them?" He asked. Acornfur nodded and let them in. Goldenstreak's eyes adjusted to the darkness and she saw three small bundles of fur next to Nigtstream. They were very tiny. The first one was a black tom, the second was a she-cat with dark grey fur and a black ear, the last one was another tom, he was grey and white.

"What have you named them?" Goldenstreak asked.

"The black tom is Shadekit, the she-cat is Cinderkit, and the grey and white tom is Cloudkit." Nightstream answered. Goldenstreak purred in approval. Frostfang didn't say anything. Nightstream looked at him, awaiting an answer. Goldenstreak felt uncomfortable. She quietly slipped away unnoticed.