Chapter 86

Goldenstreak ran into camp.

"The rogues are here!" She yowled. All the cats looked at her, alarmed. Gingerstar came out of her den and started shouting orders.

"Sick cats and and Willowbranch into the nursery!" a few cats went to the nursery. Goldenstreak looked around. She could see all the cats preparing for an attack.

Rogue scent filled Goldenstreak's nose. It smelled like crowfood and rotten prey. Goldenstreak prepared for the attack. Soon rogues began to pour into camp. Goldenstreak went head to head with a small she-cat. Goldenstreak knew this cat was an apprentice, because she looked like a kit. Goldenstreak quickly pinned down the she-cat and gave her a warning nip on the shoulder. The she-cat hissed and ran out of camp.

The battle whirled around Goldenstreak. There were cats everywhere. Blood was filling up the clearing. Cats lay unmoving or injured. Goldenstreak stared in horror when she realized it was just like her dream. Goldenstreak searched Leopardclaw and Shininglight out in the crowd. She saw them and then ran towards them. Leopardclaw and Shininglight were doing the same. They met each other in the middle of fighting cats.

"Three must be one if the battle is to be won." They said in unison. Goldenstreak filled energy corse through her body. Her senses began clear and precise. She could see every drop of blood shed and every clump of fur floating. She looked throughout the fight. Her eyes landed on three cats that were trying to get into the nursery.
"Them." Goldenstreak thought. She looked at Leopardclaw and Shininglight, they were looking back at her. Goldenstreak knew they were thinking the same thing. They all dashed off to the three cats. Goldenstreak attacked the first one. She double blinked and swiftly attacked the tom. He yowled in frustration and tried to fight back, but Goldenstreak was too fast. He yowled as she raked her claws down his back. The tom hissed and ran away. Goldenstreak turned back to her friends. They had fought off their cats to. Goldenstreak looked up as a crack of thunder echoed through the clearing. Goldenstreak narrowed her eyes. The brothers were here.