After 5 whole years i have some news...

-update after 5 years-

It would be appreciated if you could read through all of this because it will all make sense by the end of the update, and don't worry there will be an actual announcement that you guys will want to hear if you miss this story or are an old Aphmau fan. So you can skip the whole tribute in the middle but the end won't make any sense.

It's been around 4 years now since I dropped this story out of embarrassment and around 2 years since I made an update basically apologizing for leaving everyone hanging.

Back when I started this story I was only around 12 or 13 and now I'm an adult. I've obviously matured and I honestly don't dare to go back and read this entire story. I don't remember anything about it even though I wrote it, and I don't really wanna know what kind of embarrassing things my childhood self wrote.

But the reason why I'm updating this is because recently I've rewatched all of Minecraft Diaries and will soon start to rewatch Mystreet. I forgot how well written it was and that it wasn't all about the silly little things the characters would do and that Minecraft Diaries wasn't really all that childish. Mystreet obviously had its moments of being really childish and that appealed to me as a child, now when watching through those childish scenes and jokes I find it off putting and it makes me annoyed. That aside the writing Jess has done is amazing and I still think that to this day, specially after rewatching Minecraft Diaries because I know now that my old opinion of thinking Mystreet was better then Diaries was wrong and I find Diaries be one of the most well written series's I've ever watched, but it saddens me that both Minecraft Diaries and Mystreet were discontinued or were put in a "hiatus". Let's be real Aphmau is making way more views then she ever has with the current content she's making now, content that is very obviously targeted to young children. I also wanna state I don't mean any ill intent in saying that, she's a mother of 4 now and if she's getting millions of views with that kind of content hell I'd do it too, so I don't blame her in the slightest. It's just sad to see shows and characters I loved so dear be dropped for the sake of not making views.

I'm going to copy and paste a comment I recently left on the Minecraft Diaries season 2 finale, I explained my feelings about these series's and how much they mean to me in this comment better then I can here. I'd rather not have to rewrite that whole thing out again so if I've already said something similar above just ignore it. (Also I'm gonna put a screenshot from the comments section on the episode where Aaron dies because I just saw a comment I left 5 years ago and a comment I left 2 weeks ago and thought it was funny lol

 (Also I'm gonna put a screenshot from the comments section on the episode where Aaron dies because I just saw a comment I left 5 years ago and a comment I left 2 weeks ago and thought it was funny lol

Anyway here's the actual comment-

"This story being abandoned for the content she's making now is the worst feeling of being left with no closure after 4 years, yes her new content gets millions of views and is WAY less effort, specially when she's a mom of 4 now and these stories took a whole lot of production, time, effort, and not to mention money, all for MCD to stop getting views and her fans preferring her minigames and more childish content over such an amazing storyline. I'm not so much as angry with Aphmau herself for abandoning a story so amazing and unique that it can never be replicated ever again by anyone else; I'm more so angry at the fans for not realizing this a an absolute hidden gem of a story, this is mainly because her demographic was more centered towards children and they couldn't fully enjoy something this complex, and I'm sure Jess herself knew this and that's why she stopped making MCD because in the end she has a family to support, but still I just really wish more people could have appreciated this story and all the effort and hard work put into it. I started watching Diaries when I was 12 and I too as a child also started to lean toward her more childish content, like her minigames and Mystreet. For as long as mystreet was going on I always thought it was better then MCD because it had more modern elements directed towards kids, but by the end of mystreet it had gotten dark and was all starting to piece together and align with MCD, and as that was happening I was growing up with the series and could fully understand and appreciate how amazing this storyline truly was, I grew to enjoy the more medieval aspects of the story and it's origin. I'm now 18 rewatching this series after 4 years with no closure, realizing all of the good things I missed or couldn't comprehend as a child, over the years I've read many stories with amazing lore but THIS, even still after 4 whole years is by far the most well written, most emotional, unique, beautifully crafted story I have ever had the pleasure to indulge in. This storyline has shaped me as a writer and I aspire to do something as good as this, but like I said something this amazing can never be replicated ever again, still it truly has played a massive part in shaping my creative writing skills, even if I only realized this after rewatching this series 4 years later, I am so deeply grateful to this series and the team behind it, so much so that I would love to make a tribute video essay to it, just to remind the old fans and even current fans that this series and storyline was something so amazing that I could never let go of, even if I'm no longer a child." -comment made by me 2 weeks ago after watching the season 2 finale and remembering how goddamn good the lore was in Diaries.